Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled into a Shell Station yesterday to use the 150Kw Charger.

As I was plugging in a petrol car parked in the bay next to me, lady got out and asked how long it took to charge, my reply was about 30mins to get what I need.

The Nose Crinkled and a little laugh, as she said oh dear thats way to long how can anybody wait for that amount of time to refill

Anyway we wandered into the shop, got a coffee and sandwich as did they, waited to pay and went back to car, sat in sun and ate sandwich. by this time we were at 80%, unplugged and drove off, as we did the car next to us pulled out of the space where they had sat and eaten, to go get in the line to Q up for the Petrol Pumps!!!!

Must admit to a smug smile, especially as it was a really expensive site at 1.29l for Petrol (And the 150Kw charger was on free vend)

At sometime in the future it will click with people that time charging can be multitasked where time fossil filling cannot

·
Registered
130 Posts
At sometime in the future it will click with people that time charging can be multitasked where time fossil filling cannot
This is my point exactly when I explain it to colleagues who ask... On a good day I can get 200+ miles of range from my EV. That can be anywhere between 3 and 4hrs driving depending on the traffic conditions. It's not often I can drive for 3hrs without taking at least a short break to stretch the legs.

Say I am travelling with my wife... service station stop will invariably involve a toilet break, coffee, biscuits... That's at least 15 minutes.

Business trip (not sure if I'll ever do one of those again.. hello Zoom!)? I could cross half the country, do my morning meeting, find a rapid, have a sandwich and get underway again. Probably need at least one toilet stop for all the coffee I would consume.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my point exactly when I explain it to colleagues who ask... On a good day I can get 200+ miles of range from my EV. That can be anywhere between 3 and 4hrs driving depending on the traffic conditions. It's not often I can drive for 3hrs without taking at least a short break to stretch the legs.

Say I am travelling with my wife... service station stop will invariably involve a toilet break, coffee, biscuits... That's at least 15 minutes.

Business trip (not sure if I'll ever do one of those again.. hello Zoom!)? I could cross half the country, do my morning meeting, find a rapid, have a sandwich and get underway again. Probably need at least one toilet stop for all the coffee I would consume.
Yep, we are on the road all day for work, start day full (270 to 290 miles range) depending on weather, always find a lunch break with a rapid charger eat or do paperwork while filling and back on road again... Plug in overnight rinse and repeat. in 65k miles in last 18months never wasted a minute to charging, wonder how much would have been lost to refueling.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any way of identifying free vend or is just pot luck or new installations?
No I just went to use my card but it just had push button to start on the screen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts