Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve now had a 32A commando socket fitted, to the spec the OHME manual recommends, and I’ve tried out the OHME unit with the e-Golf this evening.

Is anybody else finding the unit extremely sensitive to set charging?

The manual says to connect and power up at the wall socket first, then connect the car. Initially, about 2 out of every 3 times, the OHME unit tripped, indicating an electrical fault.

By switching the Commando power off, disconnecting the car and then trying again with a swift insertion (oo er!) it usually clicks and then charging starts.

I now seem to have mastered a method for making it work 4 times out of 5, just wondered if this is just the units belt and braces approach to making sure I don’t get electrocuted?!

My standard e-Golf granny works 100% of the time when I insert the Type 2, at any speed.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I leave mine plugged into the commando socket but and have both turned it on before and once it is plugged into the car. Not had it reset yet.

It does start charging straight away until the charge schedule arrives from the app, then it goes into smart charging mode and goes back to sleep until the planned charging time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve now had a 32A commando socket fitted, to the spec the OHME manual recommends, and I’ve tried out the OHME unit with the e-Golf this evening.

Is anybody else finding the unit extremely sensitive to set charging?

The manual says to connect and power up at the wall socket first, then connect the car. Initially, about 2 out of every 3 times, the OHME unit tripped, indicating an electrical fault.

By switching the Commando power off, disconnecting the car and then trying again with a swift insertion (oo er!) it usually clicks and then charging starts.

I now seem to have mastered a method for making it work 4 times out of 5, just wondered if this is just the units belt and braces approach to making sure I don’t get electrocuted?!

My standard e-Golf granny works 100% of the time when I insert the Type 2, at any speed.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Hi Tooks,

If you email me at [email protected] or to our helpdesk at [email protected] we can certainly look into this.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Tooks,

If you email me at [email protected] or to our helpdesk at [email protected] we can certainly look into this.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply, both to my post and my email.

My new unit arrived today, and works just as I expected.

Thanks for the great service, and to anybody else reading, OHME stand behind their product and I can highly recommend their customer support.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts