Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have recently joined the ranks of EV owners and am so far enjoying the experience! Pod point will be fitting my new 7kwh power point before long and I have decided to go for the one where I need to supply the cable. This I'm doing so I can 'futureproof' my installation with a Type II connector and by having a useable type 1 to 2 cable for charging out and about.
Anyway, does anyone have a cheap, surplus to requirements 5M type 1 to 2 32 amp cable? I'm South Northants / Beds / Bucks.

Cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
600 Posts
Why aren't you going for one with cable.

Did the car not come with a cable .

I would definitely say go for one with cable

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
In answer to the why question:
This I'm doing so I can 'futureproof' my installation with a Type II connector and by having a useable type 1 to 2 cable for charging out and about.
I completely agree, I am doing the same. So that when we have 2 EV's, for example Model 3 and the current Leaf, a tethered unit won't be able to charge both easily. An adaptor will cost similar money to a cable. Also you can buy T2-T2 cables that opens Tesla charge port with a button press like at Superchargers.

Most second hand cars won't come with the T1 cable unfortunately.

Good luck getting one. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some kind souls had some to move on in earlier posts. Hopeful that some could still do that ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts