Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's the best place to order one of these from?
Didn't realise one would be required to use with the chargers at Nissan dealerships.

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
Where's the best place to order one of these from?
Didn't realise one would be required to use with the chargers at Nissan dealerships.
It's not needed for the Rapid (~30 minutes) units, they come with a tethered cable, but it probably is for the Fast (3-6 hours depending on whether you have the standard 3.3kw or optional 6.6kw onboard charger) units.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the guy at Winchester has said I need a cable, they have two 32 AMP – 4hr chargers.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The type 2 to type 1 cable is a good investment to have anyway, I've just bought one as I'm having an untethered unit installed at home to future proof against another purchase. Similarly I only need a 16a cable as my onboard charger is a 3.3kw. In future though it seems like most leafs will have a 32a (6.6kw) charger onboard so again, I bought a 32a cable to cover that as the extra cost is fairly minimal over the 16a one. A lot of the AC chargers either have a type 2 (Mennekes) connector or simple 3 pin for the 13a EVSE (brick) charger, so it's good to have the cable.

·
Registered
Leaf 40
866 Posts
Why on earth would you want to park up and charge for 3hrs+ at a dealer?? Surely more convenient to pop to one of the Rapids on the M3 services if you were desperate for a charge?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts