Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 330e has arrived. Mostly good, but a few questions to the group.

Is anyone else disappointed no standard cable for charging in public is provided?
What do I need to buy to charge in public? Type 2 to type 2? Any particular type and recommendations on where to buy from?
SE spec, no sun glasses holder! Ehhhh. Surely that a standard on any car these days!

Signed up to Polar and I am already a OVO customer so I may get free membership. Anyone has any experience on this? OVO has a specific tariff I am waiting on details for

·
Premium Member
9,811 Posts

·
CTiD
398 Posts
I bought my Rolec 32A charger today with the cable below .. less that £200 for the 10 Metre 32A version

EV / Electric Car - Charging Cable - Type 2 to Type 2 | 32amp | 10m |

I thought the prices were decent... didn't consider buying a 16A version for ease of carrying about. I assumed I needed 32A with the charger I bought.

Still pissed I don't qualify for OLEV (SWMBO is more pissed off as she is thrifty) and car not here till mid-August at the earliest but wanted to get sorted

We're OVO too and I will weigh up the EV tarriff before the car comes

·
Registered
23 Posts
[QUOTE="Bluemanc100,
Still pissed I don't qualify for OLEV (SWMBO is more pissed off as she is thrifty) and car not here till mid-August at the earliest but wanted to get sorted

We're OVO too and I will weigh up the EV tarriff before the car comes[/QUOTE]

Sorry for late reply - how comes you didn't qualify for OLEV.. a bit new to all this.. so just fact finding?

·
CTiD
398 Posts
Although I do have 2 dedicated parking bays with my house they are not adjacent to the property and running a cable was impossible for financial reasons... the OLEV funding is for "off road parking" and as the space directly in front of the house is public I didn't qualify...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Although I do have 2 dedicated parking bays with my house they are not adjacent to the property and running a cable was impossible for financial reasons... the OLEV funding is for "off road parking" and as the space directly in front of the house is public I didn't qualify...
I have the same issue, public parking space behind my rear gate so no grant - so am currently using a granny cable fixed to my fence at 6A overnight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts