Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello just got a brand new 330e —— struggling to get it to start.....foot on brake and pushing start button—-get a ‘bing’ noise from the console?

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,056 Posts
How long are you holding start button in for? Try pushing brake pedal and keeping start button pushed in until everything lights up.

If you get the bing noise can you get it into drive?

Flat 12v is always a possibility if it's not been used much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eventually get it going if I hit the accelerator and brake whilst holding button......

·
Registered
18 Posts
You must be getting a message to accompany the "bing" on the main display or at the bottom of the instrument display ??

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Are you sure it’s not just starting in electric mode, and the bing means it’s ready to drive? What happens if you put it in D and apply throttle after the bing?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Are you sure it’s not just starting in electric mode, and the bing means it’s ready to drive? What happens if you put it in D and apply throttle after the bing?
+1 - sounds like 330e is starting to me. By pressing the accelerator and brake at the same time you will be asking the car for immediate power, therefore forcing the internal combustion engine to start. Just starting it in the normal way won't necessarily start the engine unless it's really cold or the high voltage battery is flat.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hope the OP comes back here.
Hope the OP comes back here.
Starting procedure is close door, foot on footbrake, press start ( with keys in cabin ) - goes into ready mode - no bing.

I have occasionally got a bing with "keys not detected" although they are in my pocket.
And also occasionally it turns the ignition on but does not go to ready mode - so I suspect that I pushed the start button slightly too quickly after pressing the brake pedal.

Just keep your foot ont he brake and push the start button again and it either goes to ready, or goes off and needs another push for ready.

I think it is just a sequence issue.

Pressing accelerator will force ICE to start - but I think only if the car is already in ready mode.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I get a "bing" on 225xe if I press the start button too quick after pressing brake pedal &\or have taken it out of "P" on gear too quickly. Sounds like that could be it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Or more annoying - if you pick drive and it doesn't select because of the side button(or brake), then you may have already pressed the accelerator before you recognise the Bing - and the ICE starts up in Park.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts