Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have done less than 2000 miles in my new 330e but it has developed a weird noise emanating from the rear nearside wheel. It sounds rather like a wire extended to breaking point, a kind of crackly metallic sound. It only occurs on acceleration but regardless of whether running on electric or petrol. Doesn't appear to affect performance nor are there any fault warning lights. It's not a sound I have ever heard from a car before which makes me wonder if it has something to do with the electric system.

Car is going in tomorrow to be checked. Presumably any fault will be dealt with under guarantee. But this may be a new one to the garage too as the model is so new. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE

Apparently, the problem is to do with the differential. Just as well the car is still under guarantee as that is a £1,400 repair! Seems as if it has nothing to do with the electrical system and could have happened to pretty much any car. The engineer said he had never heard that kind of noise before and it took them half a day to work out what it was!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts