Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Ever since my lease car went back I have been looking for a replacement, preferably full EV.
Although there are charging challenges at my new place I can find ways around it - worst case I just granny charge it!
I am leaning more and more towards a gen 1 30kWh Kia Soul due to my limited budget (I can just about get one with my budget!).

One big consideration is whether having a 360 car seat in the back seat will render the front seat useless?
Has anyone had any experience of having a bulky car seat in the rear seat please?
If anyone has a bulky car seat on the back can take a picture of the space for the front passenger and let me know your thoughts it'll be much appreciated!

Please help me get into an EV. I don't wanna go self charging :ROFLMAO: or ICE if I can help it!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
629 Posts
To tell the 30 from the 27, 10th character of VIN needs to be J.

The first 30’s arrived around June 17 so there are some 17 plates, but generally 67 plate onwards.

27 came with Nexen tyres, the 30 with Michelin. You can often see the logos on the tyres in adverts. Of course someone may have changed the tyres but for lower mileage ones a good clue.

Can’t help on the bulky car seat, but I would say the cabin on the Soul is spacious, not dissimilar to our previous SUV for example. It‘s the boot where things are tight compared to an SUV.

However, with the back seats down - tip run - Ikea run - you have a mini van like space due to the boxy shape

·
Registered
Soul EV 30kWh 2017
233 Posts
If you already own the seat, post the dimensions and we can measure the car and tell you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the info. I will get dimensions of seat (currently in Mrs's car) tomorrow.
Thanks again

·
Registered
2018 Kia Soul EV
70 Posts
Hi
Ever since my lease car went back I have been looking for a replacement, preferably full EV.
Although there are charging challenges at my new place I can find ways around it - worst case I just granny charge it!
I am leaning more and more towards a gen 1 30kWh Kia Soul due to my limited budget (I can just about get one with my budget!).

One big consideration is whether having a 360 car seat in the back seat will render the front seat useless?
Has anyone had any experience of having a bulky car seat in the rear seat please?
If anyone has a bulky car seat on the back can take a picture of the space for the front passenger and let me know your thoughts it'll be much appreciated!

Please help me get into an EV. I don't wanna go self charging :ROFLMAO: or ICE if I can help it!

Thanks in advance.
If you make up your mind to buy, do have a conversation with Jonathan Porterfield. His website is www.eco-cars.net and his email address is [email protected].
Jonathan buys cars from auctions to order and it will save you money.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car seat we have is the Joie iSpin 360. I've just done a quick measure in the car.
At the base (from the isofix point to the front vertical support measures 68cm, whilst the back of the seat (when facing backwards) measures around 75cm ish from the top of the back seat.
If someone can help measure the Kia Soul back seat quickly it'll be extrememly helpful. Many thanks. Here's a picture of the seat in the car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you make up your mind to buy, do have a conversation with Jonathan Porterfield. His website is www.eco-cars.net and his email address is [email protected].
Jonathan buys cars from auctions to order and it will save you money.
Thanks, I have been hassling him a while now :D I was hoping I can get a gen1 Hyundai Ioniq but it seems it's been wishful thinking on my part with my limited budget. The ones I have been speaking to Jonathan about are over £16k ish at BCA and alike.
Hopefully Kia Souls 30kWh can be had with my limited budget (~£14k)

·
Registered
Soul EV 30kWh 2017
233 Posts
The car seat we have is the Joie iSpin 360. I've just done a quick measure in the car.
At the base (from the isofix point to the front vertical support measures 68cm, whilst the back of the seat (when facing backwards) measures around 75cm ish from the top of the back seat.
If someone can help measure the Kia Soul back seat quickly it'll be extrememly helpful. Many thanks. Here's a picture of the seat in the car.
My Soul is in the repair shop at the moment (ABS problem), and knowing the low probability that they will have a spare IBAU in stock, I may not get it back soon. Perhaps someone else could do a quick measure up?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Hi

Thanks in advance.
There are so many variables and only you can decide if the front seat is useable with your present car seat fitted.. You really should track down a 2nd hand for sale Kia Soul and physically fit your seat to the car and take it from there.
Cheers

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'd be happy to let you see if it fits to your satisfaction if you're in the area (North Hants)

Don't know anything about kids seats so not sure how to measure it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are so many variables and only you can decide if the front seat is useable with your present car seat fitted.. You really should track down a 2nd hand for sale Kia Soul and physically fit your seat to the car and take it from there.
Cheers
Normally I would but I thought with the latest lockdown car showroom would be classified as non essential and therefore not be opened?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Normally I would but I thought with the latest lockdown car showroom would be classified as non essential and therefore not be opened?
With a lockdown, how do you propose to evaluate your prospective EV, Test Drive etc, not just the baby seat aspect?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts