Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just booked the 36000 mile service, only 209 pounds......

Still wonder what i am paying for?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
The battery warranty and the RAC support, and if you are lucky it'll be washed and valeted.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i get a new pollen filter as well.

Not sure its ever been valeted or wash at a dealers before, we shall see

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I think i get a new pollen filter as well.

Not sure its ever been valeted or wash at a dealers before, we shall see
Mark your current one first, then you will know.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would mean knowing where it is and opening the bonnet (probably)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Battery warranty.

I am happy to get the car serviced, but I can't really see what they do.

The car is only 2 years old, no oil or filters to replace so what do they do for 200 quid

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
They can't force you to use the dealer to keep the warranty. As long as it's serviced properly and using suitable parts it doesn't affect the warranty.

Anyway they don't do any maintenance on the battery, it doesn't have oil to change or anything.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They can't force you to use the dealer to keep the warranty. As long as it's serviced properly and using suitable parts it doesn't affect the warranty.

Anyway they don't do any maintenance on the battery, it doesn't have oil to change or anything.
They will plug the car into some diagnostics that will probably do some kind of re-balance across the cells and check voltage - they will use that as battery maintenance.

As much as i don't think the service is great value, the fact that the battery is warranted is the main thing - i am on 91% after 36000 miles so if all things are equal (i know they are not!) then i would be on 72% by 100k?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
As above - the battery warranty is something that is outside of the rules on servicing as they have not released the kit at a reasonable price to allow others to service it.
Recalls as well...
Recalls can be done without getting your car serviced. It does represent another trip to the Dealer, but it doesn't have to be at the same time as the service.

·
Registered
15,933 Posts
Have you asked them for a quote with a breakdown?

Often you might find you can just opt for the 'service' part and do the filter change yourself.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
As above - the battery warranty is something that is outside of the rules on servicing as they have not released the kit at a reasonable price to allow others to service it.

Recalls can be done without getting your car serviced. It does represent another trip to the Dealer, but it doesn't have to be at the same time as the service.
Exactly that, why visit a garage twice? Once in a year is pain enough!

·
Registered
984 Posts
They will plug the car into some diagnostics that will probably do some kind of re-balance across the cells and check voltage - they will use that as battery maintenance.
They won’t do any cell rebalancing, the BMS takes care of this.

As far as diagnostics I bet there has yet to be a case where Nissan have ‘diagnosed’ a problem during a service that was not first picked up by the BMS or the customer complaining of excessive loss of bars. You normally just get a sheet showing how well you have treated the battery and a very broad indicator of health. Not worth £200!

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Even if they have some fancy diagnostic tool I though they had to make them available to other garages? Like they can't make it so you HAVE to use the dealer.

·
Registered
552 Posts
As I understand it, the 36,000 service includes brake fluid change.
The 36000 mile service at 3 years doesn't have the brake fluid change, its at 2 years then 4 years,

However if you are having the 36000 mile service at 2 years then it will (high mileage) -

If we don't take our vehicle to the dealership and cough up for a service, then the dealership will go out of business and when something goes wrong with your vehicle you will have to take it to a regional centre, possible 100 miles away.

Do we really want that? Its half the price of a ICE service anyway, so best to cough up through gritted teeth, its really a retainer for them to remain there.

A bit like a private dentist, you have to pay them £100 every 6 months for buzzer all, just so he is there when you have tooth ache and need a root canal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts