Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you all getting on with the battery? Most days when I turn it on my previous driving gives a range of 31/32 miles, and I'm seeing actual usage around 28-30 ish when the conditions suit.

A few days ago I plugged into a tesla charger for free in Cardiff, and left with it showing 32. I drove through Cardiff on my way home (late) and had a clean run, joined the M4 and noticed my consumption was super low. Obviously I must have had some sort of tail wind, as I managed to pull up at home with 36 miles driven, and one left in the GOM. I guess it's just lucky around the circumstances, but I'll take it :D

I even got a nice surprise from the app the following morning, showing 36 miles available based on the previous day.

Has anyone else beaten the 35?

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
1,834 Posts
Guinness Book of Records, I reckon!

Nice to get some benefit from these gales.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That’s impressive.
I have the 2020 13kWh battery and think the GOM is pretty good.

I did get close to the 34miles on a charge but that was doing one way of my 18mile commute outside of rush-hour. good flow with hardly any traffic. Gentle acceleration etc.

Generally I’m getting 28miles. Not being Uber-efficient, reasonable acceleration, speed limit +5 (or 10). lights on, fan on 1, heated mirrors and rear window for first mile or two. No heated seats.

One day over the weekend I had to be in the office by 6am so had quite a ‘spirited’ run with zero traffic and did the 18miles in 25mins. As expected it took 24miles of initial range to do the 18miles... but hey-ho... I’m able to plug in at work ;)

Love driving on electric.

·
Registered
61 Posts
37 is impressive. I have the 13kWh battery and the most it has shown fully charged is 26 miles. I live on top of a hill. Last week at the bottom of the hill it showed 9 miles left, by the top it was showing 4 miles left. The hill is one mile long. I found pre heating the car really makes a difference to the consumption over the first few miles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very good. Since the cold weather mine has stayed at 25 miles range on full 13kW charge.
I tried driving with heated seats which consume a lot less than 1kW only but couldn't stand the cold, so out heating back on which consumes about 3kW.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, 36 mile range, but only with heating off, less than half throttle and about 55mph on motorway. Great to know its possible, but I don't usually drive that slow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts