Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealer, DSG, advised us today that our Ioniq PremSe ev was loaded onto a ship in ULSAN, South Korea on 6th November.

For those of you expecting mid to late December deliveries, and who do not believe Tesla prospective owners should have all the fun tracking ships, it looks like our cars will arrive at Tilbury on 18th December on MORNING CHRISTINA.

It is currently en route to Shanghai.

With dealer delivery and PDI etc. i would not expect to see them before the start of January. 馃様

Registered
Our dealer, DSG, advised us today that our Ioniq PremSe ev was loaded onto a ship in ULSAN, South Korea on 6th November.

For those of you expecting mid to late December deliveries, and who do not believe Tesla prospective owners should have all the fun tracking ships, it looks like our cars will arrive at Tilbury on 18th December on MORNING CHRISTINA.

It is currently en route to Shanghai.

With dealer delivery and PDI etc. i would not expect to see them before the start of January. 馃様
Congrats on the shipping confirmation! I ordered from DSG in September and received confirmation that my car is on Morning Lisa which is ahead of schedule and now expected in Tilbury on the 24th November. I seem to have gotten really lucky by ordering asap.

Registered
How can you tell which ship your car is on? I鈥檝e ordered via Nationwide and it鈥檚 promising a 16/1 delivery.
www.eukor.com is the logistics company which Hyundai uses. They have a Vesting Schedule.

Enter "Ulsan, South Korea" as the departing port (Hyundai factory) and "Tilbury, UK" as arrival (UK Hyundai Import centre)

You'll get departure and arrival dates. Usually a ship will arrive 2 weeks before your delivery date so it looks like your car will likely be on MORNING LILY. You can then just Google that name and be able to track the ship.

Be warned though, you will start obsessively checking...

Registered
We do have another thread regarding UK orders. Might be worth us all communicating on there?

Registered
Just noticed that you can use www.eukor.com to check when a particular ship is leaving a port part way through the journey.

For example, MORNING LISA just arrived at Derince, Turkey. If you select that as the departure port and Tilbury, UK as the arrival, you can see that it'll depart on the 15th. I believe the trip between Derince and Tilbury is roughly 7-8 days.

Registered
My Ioniq is scheduled for mid/late January 2020 so not sure when it would be leaving Korea
It's likely on the ship that's due to arrive Jan 2nd (MORNING LILY) as they usually give a 2 week delivery date after the ship arrives

Registered
Got my order update from Drive Electric today, 28th February delivery. I had been told Jan or Feb when ordering so maybe they're putting 28th Feb to cover that.

Wonder how often they ship them. Can't be that often and for end of February it would have to arrive in port mid February at the latest.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Registered
I was informed 12th December, had the charger installation booked - email last night stated the following:

We regret to inform you that we have received a communication from Hyundai Motors UK about a delay to your Hyundai Ioniq Electric Hatchback order.

Hyundai have advised us that due to the success on the offer they received an unprecedented volume of orders.

The battery supplier have advised they cannot produce this component within the timescale initially stated, this has delayed the production and supply of some orders with the manufacturer.

Please be assured that all orders will be honoured and at the prices accepted.
I'm sure I won't be the only one... in two minds as to what I do about the charger install now, as it needs to be within 4 months of delivery.

Registered
I had the same with my Kia Soul EV, I got it 5 months later than originally planned in the end!

Urrrgh

That would take me annoyingly close to needing a new MOT on my Audi :/

I'll be OK with delivery to mid-April, but if it goes into May and I have to do my big annual holiday drive in the 2.0T then it'll sting.

Registered
Got my order update from Drive Electric today, 28th February delivery. I had been told Jan or Feb when ordering so maybe they're putting 28th Feb to cover that.

Wonder how often they ship them. Can't be that often and for end of February it would have to arrive in port mid February at the latest.

when did you order?

Registered
@Brads I ordered 4th October through Leasing Options at the cut price offer that was around at the time - Nationwide cancelled my order as they couldn't put any more through at the cheap rate, but Leasing Options had put through some pre-orders and left the leasee details unattached.

Docs were signed with the leasing company on the 23rd October, and I guess that the delay in those docs getting to me could be part of the reason for this further delay.

I've been told February/March now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts