Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just back from the Nissan dealer in Exeter where I had the 3yr service and the first MOT for our Nissan Leaf. No problems as you would expect.

It is a sobering thought that we are now over half way through our EV drive train and battery warranty. Still, no reason to suspect I will need it yet so fingers crossed for the next 2 years :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... all 5 stars except for quick (rapid) charging which was 4 stars.

I am surprised it is as high as 4 stars for rapid charging though. I have done about 280 rapid charges in 3 years and much of the time it has been many charges in a single day (max 10).

I have seen a bit of range reduction... about 5-7% if you believe the Leaf Spy app, and that is now starting to have an impact on the trips I can do. When I first got the Mk1 Leaf I wouldn't think twice about doing 70-75 miles... now I struggle to get 70 miles most days. It might be more in summer... we will see this summer but the winter has pinned me back to about 65 miles if I want to remain comfortable... that is - arrive before the Low Battery Warning!

The Nissan claim of 10% reduction at 5 years is looking not unreasonable at the moment for me.

I am hoping that if I still have the Leaf at 5 years that there might be some upgrade options by then, possibly from the DIY marketplace. I am not a great DIYer myself but if the kits are available I might find someone to do it for me. :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it is a bit of an unknown...

The warranty doesn't cover range... only power. So officially, according to my written warranty, they will not replace it at all just because of reduced range.

However, they have replaced some in the USA because of premature range reduction but I am not sure if the rules they were replaced under apply to us in the UK :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, I wonder how Nissan measure the health? Would have thought it would be based on capacity rather than power.
Not as far as the warranty is concerned. If the battery will generate full 80kW then is it still considered OK even if the range is down.

As I say, the USA situation does change things slightly because they had a similar warranty and yet they are having some replaced under warranty on low range but AFAIK they are all in very hot areas.

·
Registered
221 Posts
What is the best price for a Leaf service I think I was told £90 when I bought it but haven't investigated further.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid about £120 for the first & second service and about £150 for the third IIRC

·
Registered
221 Posts
Was just quoted £120 so I explained I was told around £90 when I bought the car. The girl spoke to manager and they have offered to reduce it to £99

They also asked if it would be ok for me to have a leaf courtesy car....err yes :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have found that many dealers are approachable when you mention price and will often negotiate to get you business... worth a try IMO. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts