Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the lockdown, rather than collecting my new 4+, it was delivered to my home on Monday. Unfortunately as the delivery driver knew very little about the car I had no real opportunity to ask questions.Most of the technical things I have been able to work out with the help of the awful manual ( & this great forum 🙂 ). I still have a couple of questions...

I took a £4000 Kia loan in order to get the free 3yr service package. I intend to pay this off as soon as possible to avoid paying interest. Does anyone know...

a) How soon can I pay this off without loosing the service package. The dealership said 3 months but I would prefer to do so straight away.

b) Is there any paperwork to prove that you have a service contract? The delivery driver said “it’s with the car”?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,638 Posts
Due to the lockdown, rather than collecting my new 4+, it was delivered to my home on Monday. Unfortunately as the delivery driver knew very little about the car I had no real opportunity to ask questions.Most of the technical things I have been able to work out with the help of the awful manual ( & this great forum 🙂 ). I still have a couple of questions...

I took a £4000 Kia loan in order to get the free 3yr service package. I intend to pay this off as soon as possible to avoid paying interest. Does anyone know...

a) How soon can I pay this off without loosing the service package. The dealership said 3 months but I would prefer to do so straight away.

b) Is there any paperwork to prove that you have a service contract? The delivery driver said “it’s with the car”?
Congrats!

I planned similar when purchasing the Soul. So:
a: I was repeatedly told that I can pay it off at any time. Sadly, haven't had a chance to test it, due to repurposing my cash.
b: again, my understanding was, the service contract is with the car. But about a month after collection, I did receive a document from the garage where I collected, about the service contract. Sadly (again), this is not my local garage, so I'm not sure how this will work out. But I'm not going back to the collection garage for a service.

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
347 Posts

Paid off £2000 within a week over the phone. 3 year service plan should show on your invoice if not ring the garage as it’s on their system against the car, it’s allocated to the car and goes with it if you sell.

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
347 Posts
Congrats!

I planned similar when purchasing the Soul. So:
a: I was repeatedly told that I can pay it off at any time. Sadly, haven't had a chance to test it, due to repurposing my cash.
b: again, my understanding was, the service contract is with the car. But about a month after collection, I did receive a document from the garage where I collected, about the service contract. Sadly (again), this is not my local garage, so I'm not sure how this will work out. But I'm not going back to the collection garage for a service.
The supplied paper manual is more up to date than the pdf on the mykia site. Page 2-3 for exterior overview 2- 5 instrument overview 4 features of the vehicle.
Use utility when playing with settings you can run aircon in that mode and it runs off the main Ev battery.
Foot on brake
Press start button
Steering wheel menu button 4-55
user settings
convenience
utility mode tick 4-61
Use to set radio presets play with hvac and mapping etc
enjoy.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
280 Posts
For almost 10 years now any finances you get in the UK, you can pay off without ANY form of penalty at any time. I don't believe that your loan from Kia is condition upon the service plan, it cannot be. Those are two different products (Financial and Maintenance) so no way they can be under one roof.
Bottom line you can make a full payment a week later and no one can do anything about it. They cannot deny you the service plan because you paid off your finances. Now....the Dealership/salesman telling you TOTAL BS. What they have is a commision on any additional product they sell. The Finance company NEED a minimum 3 months payment before they pay the commision, this is the reason they told you that you can after 3 months but NOT before that 😂😂😂 Your salesman just wants HIS/HER commision.
As I've said BS.....

·
Registered
189 Posts

I will collecting my 4+ in a few weeks and was intending to pay the whole amount. I have not had a loan for years and years. So I was wondering if I take a small loan like this so I can get the service pack, what info do they need, do they need personal financial details? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will collecting my 4+ in a few weeks and was intending to pay the whole amount. I have not had a loan for years and years. So I was wondering if I take a small loan like this so I can get the service pack, what info do they need, do they need personal financial details? Thanks.
IanRM - Like you, I intended to pay cash for the car but decided to put down a what I was told was the maximum deposit allowed ( £31.5k ) & take out a Kia Finance loan for the rest. This has a term of 36m but I will pay it back straight away and keep the 3 yrs service plan. It seems they don't do much at each service visit - but at least it's free and will validate the warranty.

·
Registered
189 Posts
IanRM - Like you, I intended to pay cash for the car but decided to put down a what I was told was the maximum deposit allowed ( £31.5k ) & take out a Kia Finance loan for the rest. This has a term of 36m but I will pay it back straight away and keep the 3 yrs service plan. It seems they don't do much at each service visit - but at least it's free and will validate the warranty.
Have you got the loan yet, what info did you need to provide and is it an instant process on day of collection? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you got the loan yet, what info did you need to provide and is it an instant process on day of collection? Thanks.
I had already told the dealer that we wanted to take out the minimum loan and we received an online application form from Kia Finance four days prior to delivery. The form can be "signed" online.

As far as I remember they didn't require much, if any, financial information from us other than our bank details. I assume that they carried out a credit check.

·
jim5452
385 Posts
When you get a service plan be sure that it is a KIA CARE PLAN, because the garage where I got my car closed down before I got any service, when I went to the next KIA garage and asked about the service plan I had paid for, I was told I was lucky that it was a KIA PLAN otherwise I would have lost out, if the garage had been taken over then I assume the new owners would have taken over the service,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When you get a service plan be sure that it is a KIA CARE PLAN, because the garage where I got my car closed down before I got any service, when I went to the next KIA garage and asked about the service plan I had paid for, I was told I was lucky that it was a KIA PLAN otherwise I would have lost out, if the garage had been taken over then I assume the new owners would have taken over the service,
Thanks - good tip!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I’ll have to ask about the 31,500 deposit. When I build the car on the Kia website it says max deposit for a personal loan is 18,365?

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
347 Posts
I’ll have to ask about the 31,500 deposit. When I build the car on the Kia website it says max deposit for a personal loan is 18,365?
Max deposit for loan on Eniro 4+ is £33145 that’s what I had then paid off £2000 a week later then only £1000 on loan.
£3000 government grant allowed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts