Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a test drive yesterday ( on MY2019 demonstrator) and intend to pay a deposit and join the waiting list . Like the spec of the 4+ but have a query about the sunroof and impact on headroom . I am just over 6ft tall and wonder if that’s likely to be an issue ? I guess with the higher than average roofline it should be ok but any advice/views would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Finally had a test drive yesterday ( on MY2019 demonstrator) and intend to pay a deposit and join the waiting list . Like the spec of the 4+ but have a query about the sunroof and impact on headroom . I am just over 6ft tall and wonder if that’s likely to be an issue ? I guess with the higher than average roofline it should be ok but any advice/views would be appreciated. Thanks
I have one on order and I’m 6‘ 2”, don’t think the sunroof impinges on headroom. At least I hope not....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Definitely ok I would say. looking at the video the cover for the sunroof is above the roof lining. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went back to dealer . Head room in hybrid with sunroof was fine . Was assured the internal height dimensions in the 4+ are the same as in the hybrid Niro’s as I had wondered if the large battery under the floor pan had any effect . Placed my deposit and now just have to be patient!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Went back to dealer . Head room in hybrid with sunroof was fine . Was assured the internal height dimensions in the 4+ are the same as in the hybrid Niro’s as I had wondered if the large battery under the floor pan had any effect . Placed my deposit and now just have to be patient!
Having a sunroof almost certainly drops the ceiling of the Niro as it does in most other cars. Adjusting this is down to how you cut the cloth. So there will be less headroom. Though this won't help, I am finding that I have plenty of space in my non-sun-roof e-Niro 4. Though I am only 6ft, I have a long back and often find I can't fit in cars that accommodate 6'2" friends easily. Height-wise I have been impressed with the solid-roofed version.

I am curious now over the floor differences between the e-Niro and the two hybrids. The battery pack is clearly slung under the floor of the e-Niro - it is quite visible from the side. It would not surprise me though to find that the floor pan is common between this model and the hybrids and that there is either wasted space or greater ground clearance on the hybrids. I know that everyone says that the floor 'is' or 'must be' higher on the e version but I am not convinced.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry slightly off the thread topic here, but you mentioned the floor pan underneath. One of my concerns is just how vulnerable is the battery pack underside is to accidentally hitting boulders Or scraping it over rough unmade tracks? I mean what is it made from, plastic, steel, alloy?? I know it’s not a 4x4, but I do frequent a farm track about half a mile on my travels. Does it look as though it will take the occasional odd knock and scrape? I know you can’t jack up on it.
thanks

Peter

·
Registered
11 Posts
It would not surprise me though to find that the floor pan is common between this model and the hybrids
I thought the BEV was longer wheel base than the hybrids, so imagine there are differences - I also seem to remember the mats are different in the BEV due to different mouldings.

Does it look as though it will take the occasional odd knock and scrape?
Looked like there was a metal plate covering it all - I'll try and get a photo later, when it is home.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great photos. Thanks so much. It looks like aluminium generally. It looks a bit vulnerable and very expensive 😱.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts