Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a 450 mile round trip over two days in my i3 Rex. Unfortunately at the first scheduled charging stop Bristol and Bath Science Park the CCS point was not working, but the lunch at Friska was excellent. 20miles of Rex got me to Chieveley. Then all electric to Cobham and Thurrock, excellent service from Ecotricity. After a tour of Essex, back home to Somerset via the M4 and M5 same Ecotricity stops but used the range extender (20 miles again) to miss out the Bristol (source west) stop.

Met several very interesting Ev drivers, aren't they nice people.

Felt sorry for the Tesla driver, he was charging his car at Cobham when we arrived and was still charging when we left with a full charge. Just time to have comfort break and a sandwich.

Only downside was the Charge Your Car app did not show Bristol and Science Park as out of order after I reported it. They were very nice on the phone, even when I rang the next day to check if it was working again, but surely the app should be updated.

Overall a great trip thank you ecotricity for the CCS points and BMW for the i3

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Well done for the trip.

I wouldn't feel sorry for the Tesla driver. He didn't have to stay so long if he didn't want to and he has a lot more options.

·
Registered
151 Posts
How did you get to the Bristol and Bath Science Park? Is Friska nearby?
We often have to REX around then when west bound on the way home, before we top up at Gordano, so that charge point would be good if its up and not too much of a diversion. Outbound we normally make it to Membury (but only knowing REX is there should we not)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts