Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new video was just released! 馃殌馃殌馃殌馃殌
5 reasons why I hate Opel Ampera! 馃挭馃挭馃挭 Check out cons and my thoughts after 12k km done in 8 months.
Don't forget to hit the like button! 馃憤馃憤馃憤

Registered
Well that didn't last long as it isn't available now.
EDIT got it working by copy and pasting the URL. What a boring presentation and the 5 reasons are rather paltry.

I understand from a Polish friend that they are very much sought after in that area of Europe.

Reactions: freddym

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Is that so you can make a '5 things I hate about my Tesla' video? :)
Well I'm preatty sure one can find 5 disadvantages in Tesla as well. But as I said in the video there is much more to love about ampera than to hate.

Registered
This '5 things I...' is a method for producing more videos used by a number of the main car 'Youtubers' and in reality is just clickbait as they generally love the car.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
So the title was click-bait? :eek:
Hmm it seems like I should have done another tittle. I haven't thought that so many Volt lovers (which I'm one of) would be so concerned. It was all to give people that are thinking about buying this car disadvantages which if they are able to accept, they will love the car. I wish I had such list before in condensed form so it would save a lot of my time.

Registered
I can relate to all the issues raised but, since May 2012, never thought of the hate word. In fact one of the highlighted areas of concern, the front skirt, is a positive for me as the slant on the driveway is my early warning system that swmbo has returned from her hunter gatherer trips.

I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
The 5 things that are bad about the Ampera;
  • Vauxhall,
  • Vauxhall,
  • Vauxhall,
  • it mists up a bit too much, needs an option to force the AC to stay on, and
  • the engine doesn't really need to run like that, it could just run at a constant low speed to avoid battery depletion rather than zoom up and down revs like it is trying to ape the behaviour of some sort of deranged ICE.

Registered
There is nothing wrong with the car,it鈥檚 the opinion of a non mechanic and a very low number of miles driven.
Amazing car,22,000 miles in 1 year,all types of weather.
Comfy,very cheap,smooth and an absolute pleasure to drive.
I especially like when people look at her and have no idea what she is.
I have a few cars,Mk 4 R32,A2,motorhome and a 2.2 Vito.
Nothing comes close.

Registered
The 5 things that are bad about the Ampera;
  • Vauxhall,
  • Vauxhall,
  • Vauxhall,
  • it mists up a bit too much, needs an option to force the AC to stay on, and
  • the engine doesn't really need to run like that, it could just run at a constant low speed to avoid battery depletion rather than zoom up and down revs like it is trying to ape the behaviour of some sort of deranged ICE.
You forgot number 6:
"I sold mine" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter #17

Registered
It seems so... The truth is I've done it only once as it's very time consuming and I don't have place to do it. At there very beginning I would observe like 0.2kWh gain. Now from time to time I get that score but it seems like it's back to 8.7kWhs :(
Did you have 10.3 before the update? Why do they need to reduce capacity - is it to prevent issues later on?

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Did you have 10.3 before the update? Why do they need to reduce capacity - is it to prevent issues later on?
I had 10-10.3 before the update. I don't know why do they do that but I can only suspect that it's to extend battery life.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts