Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour - Stonewashed Blue Metallic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So according to VW Germany's website there is now a new trim available with the 77kwh battery pack known as the Tour 5. Pretty pissed off to be honest, Volkswagen originally said that the ID3 would never be available as a 5 seater with a 77kwh battery pack due to weight restrictions and legislation. I order a Tour as I wanted the big range and I realised that I almost never have 5 people in the car but a fifth seat is still a nice failsafe to have!
insideevs.com/news/492441/volkswagen-id3-tour-5-seats/

·
Registered
Seat Ibiza- contemplating an ID.3
178 Posts
Typical!
Although looking at the specs on the VW.de site, it seems closer in spec to the Business but with the 'assistance pack plus', with things like travel assist and blind spot monitoring.

Personally, the thing the Tour is missing for me is the panoramic roof.

·
Registered
228 Posts
@MarcusHogan If you 'almost never' have five people in the car then does it matter? There are quite a lot of things missing from the Tour 5. If you've not got your car yet and you're happy to lose those things, then you've the option to cancel and wait for the Tour 5 to arrive (if it does come to Ireland).

Not sure where VW said it would 'never' be available as a 5 seater, just that it wasn't. They've stripped out enough goodies to get to the weight limit. Whats odd is the 'basic' spec 77kWh version in Germany only has four seats.

Seeing what's missing, I've no regrets ordering the Tour. The price is justified by the combination of most things from the Max, alloy wheels and the bigger battery.

·
Registered
ID.3 Tour
646 Posts
It was the spec of the Tour that was the biggest draw to us, it was a close call between the Max and the Tour, I would have preferred the DCC and progressive steering on the Max, but we are not fussed about the panoramic roof, can't remember if we have had ever had 5 people in the Leaf, so the extra range of the Tour won the day.

Personally the Tour 5 is missing too much of the 'must have' spec we wanted, the area view would have been nice though.

·
Registered
VW ID3
40 Posts
I also went for the 1st Max mainly because of the 5 seats. Usually there’s two kids chairs on the back seats but sometimes I need the 5 seats.
The Tour didn’t had the panoramic roof and one seat less if not mistaken. Everything else you could put on the car. The Tour even had the rims I wanted, the 19” instead of the 20”.

That 5 seat news also comes late for me...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
182 Posts
I think there's a lot of features missing as others have said. It's kind of like a "if you want range and space for a family, but nothing too fancy on top". The Tour's real selling point to me is the spec everywhere else on the car. But they sure have made a mess of the release of what is quite a confusing higher-range car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does anyone know if the 5 seat tour will have the same seating and boot space as the 58 models ? Just wondering if there is any space compromise

·
Registered
429 Posts
I’d really like to upgrade to the higher range of the Tour but I would also really like to have the DCC and HUD in my next car. I was playing about with the configurator earlier and the only option apart from paint and wheels seemed to be the heat pump, with no way to specify the other bits I would like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts