Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would love to know is it only the zoe and the leaf that have 5 seats this can't be right?, im hoping the new golf has 5 seats, as i like the BMW i3 but i like the Ampera more but its a shame its only has 4 seats.

·
Super Moderator
6,334 Posts
The new Golf is a proper 5 seater, the Golf GTE is a hybrid similar to the Ampera and i3.
Audi also make the A3 Sportback which is under the skin the same as the Golf GTE.

·
Super Moderator
6,334 Posts
30 oh thats not good
The full ev Golf range is about the same as the Leaf/Zoe.
Why can't a manufacturer of ICE cars start to extend the range of an EV rather than just matching everone else

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
i can get well over a 100 in the zoe but i really want 150/200 miles
Don't we all! I think we will have to wait 3 or 4 years until we get the opportunity to buy 150-200 mile EVs (with exception of the model s)

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
The new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is also a full 5 seater and an SUV to boot. Similar to the Golf though it only has 32-25 Mile pure EV range. Still, it has apparently done very well in Holland and harmed Ampera sales there.

Derek

·
Zoe Devotee
9,114 Posts
Zoe for all its small it's certainly more than capable as a 5 seater. I had 5 recently. And that included 2 adults up front, a child on bulky booster seat, a rear facing baby seats and an adult in the middle who said it was actually ok for space at feet/knees/hips. It was only shoulder space that felt punched, partly due to baby seat with carry handle.

Reactions: EV Rider

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yep, the unlucky adult in the middle between two car seats has to be a small one, but we have done it in our Leaf a few times too. It's the size of the child seats that makes it cramped, rather than the size of the back seat!

·
Registered
848 Posts
You also have the Kia Soul EV with 5 seats and 100mile range, although I don't think you can beat the 2 year PCP deals on a leaf when it actually comes to the cost of owning a 5 seat EV.
Kia Soul EV | PluginCars.com
If you need more space you can have a Nissan 200e NV Combi but the range is only 80 I think, one review on line said it was ideal for a large family who enjoyed camping very close to home, so thats going to be a niche vehicle :=)
Nissan e-NV200 COMBI - Nissan's new electric commercial vehicle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts