Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to share my record😁
I finally managed to go sub 12 kWh/100km in my Golf GTE equipped with the Astana wheels.

This means driving 31 km and still having 19 km of range left😁
Average consumption of 11.9 kWh/100km.
Just a shame my trip ends here, maybe not completely fair to call it ‘50 km’, but you get the idea😉

What’s your record?
Has someone passed 50 km?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just went for a slow joy ride (I usually have a heavy foot...). Around 16kms were done at 80-90km/h, the rest was just following traffic on regular roads. Did back and forth so total inclination is 0% (regen + ACC works really well). I also have Astana wheels ( I didn't like them at first then they grew on me, wouldn't change them now even if performance was the same 😅)

I just got my car, it has 188.000 kms on it and my guess is that it was driven without charging, so I might be able to pull a bit more out of the battery in a few cycles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice figures!
Do you know the capacity of the battery?
My guess is there is a chance the battery has worn a bit in 188.000 km, but if it’s let’s say 10% less than brand new, it’s still very acceptable for it’s mileage, i think!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you know the capacity of the battery?
Nop... Would I be able to get this with a regular OBD? If not, what and where should I buy whatever is necessary?

My guess is there is a chance the battery has worn a bit in 188.000 km, but if it’s let’s say 10% less than brand new, it’s still very acceptable for it’s mileage, i think!
I think this was driven as a petrol, hybrid was just for incentives. It was a company car, at 188.000 kms in 5 years it's around 150kms / business day. If anything the degradation was for always being at a low charge. The car didn't even come with the charger, only the Type2 - Type2 cable which looks brand new. I would guess 10% degradation too.

I also read somewhere here on the forum that if the battery hasn't been used in a while it will limit the first few cycles, so there might be room for improvement. I want to do a couple more slow charge / full discharge cycles before starting to run the car like I normally would ( full throttle at every stop 😅 )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I bought a 2015/08 Golf GTE from the Netherlands last October with 103 KKm. When I first charge it was showing 45Km, now after 8 months but only 3000 Km with 1000 all electric it shows 44Km after full charge, I dont know if the computer uses the history information of my driving to give a more realistic range or if the batery just lost 1Km of autonomy in 1000 Km. About the range I usually make 30 to 35 but without big hills I thing 40 can be made.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The range shown after charging (44 km in your case) has nothing to do with battery wear so good news for you 😉
I know this because my indicated range has been fluctuating between 43 and 47 (yes, multiple times) and it’s calculated based on your driving style and average electric consumption (in both E-mode and GTE mode, so that’s why fluctuations can occur).

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Just wanted to share my record
I finally managed to go sub 12 kWh/100km in my Golf GTE equipped with the Astana wheels.

View attachment 131182

This means driving 31 km and still having 19 km of range left
Average consumption of 11.9 kWh/100km.
Just a shame my trip ends here, maybe not completely fair to call it ‘50 km’, but you get the idea

What’s your record?
Has someone passed 50 km?
Flat Dutch roads must help. Despite my 16 inch Astana wheels on Michelin Primacy , my best is usually around 13.5 kWh/100km. But a lot of hills and start stop driving in the Bristol / Bath area where I live. And it's been cooler and rainy recently which doesn't help.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a lot of hills here where i live so it's hard to give an estimate. On average i can get 40+kms out of a full charge, if i limit the ups with the ICE and use it only on "almost" flat roads i get 50km BUT that's driving not more then 50-70km/h. Mine is a Passat from 2015, bought used with 130.000km on the teller. Was used mainly as a petrol engine (charger is new, still had the tags on them, the mennekes cable had slight scrapes so hardly used either) so i think that i should be good.

I also would like to know how to measure the SOH, if possible with "household diag tools" since i am not going to buy expensive VW software just to check my battery.....

Beco

1 - 8 of 8 Posts