Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

481 - 500 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Nicely done.... I honestly think 60 is out of my reach on the routes I drive.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
My commute is 34 round trip so whilst the GOM shows 49 to 52 in the heat I rarely get the opportunity to try. 60 I think needs 25 °C or more plus a still or gentle breeze from behind and a quiet road ;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
G180616 50 club.jpg
Attached please find my application for the club :)

Achieved on a fairly long night time run at steady 48 mph, and switching to petrol when power usage went over 10 for any length of time.

I'm not sure I could be bothered doing it again... but it's a nice badge to have!!

I had been to Cardiff to see the Stones. Fantastic gig!!

(I tried to post this at the time but was having difficulty uploading a file which I reported, and which now appears to be fixed)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Not valid according to the rules. It's gotta be 50 miles with no petrol use at all, apparently :p

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,003 Posts
Burning petrol does fuddle up the numbers, if you really want to know you have done 50 EV miles then you need to have zero in the petrol miles entry.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Oops....I'd missed the rules - in that case I give up!! :)

Tbh I rarely do long enough runs to use all the juice in one go, and when I do I don't have the patience :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Burning petrol does fuddle up the numbers, if you really want to know you have done 50 EV miles then you need to have zero in the petrol miles entry.
Well I still claim it, I stopped to take my photo virtually as soon as the engine started! I was hoping it would roll over to 53 miles before the it kicked on, but it was not to be.

I've just noticed my green ball was still all green, yet I had 0.5 miles on petrol as well as the 52.9 EV.

·
23,003 Posts
Well I still claim it, I stopped to take my photo virtually as soon as the engine started! I was hoping it would roll over to 53 miles before the it kicked on, but it was not to be.

I've just noticed my green ball was still all green, yet I had 0.5 miles on petrol as well as the 52.9 EV.
Your claim is safe, @Barty, indeed you have to pull over safely to get a shot, it is to be expected. It was @smokie 's post I would be suggesting is looked at cautiously, if it is that important to get 50 EV miles.

..... you know it isn't really!.. ;)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm guessing yours is one of the same batch of ex-lease cars as mine. Rarely, if ever, plugged in....
Have fun getting that lifetime average mpg up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's a volt, and yeah I have no idea how they got the mpg so low! 41.3mpg when I got it, it's slowly coming up.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
My 2012 Amp is easily reaching the magic 50 miles at the moment but to date I haven't bothered to drive the full distance as my weekend drive to see mother and back is less. I usually get to 48 miles with three or four left.
What is annoying is that on charging, it never seems to leave any more than 43 on the GOM.

Then again with full heat in winter I can burn through the battery in less than 20 miles yet it always announces 28 miles after charging.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have 2013 Ampera and my current best
Is 85 km (52,8 miles) with single charge,
But battery used 11,1 kwh.
It's 100% sure single charge, even some say
That 10,8 kwh is maximum.
I went to my friends house out of the city and
Not allowed to charge there, because last time
Charging broke the socket where the fuse is.
I went there about 45 mph and came Back 35 mph.

Attachments

·
23,003 Posts
There is a degree of variability in the total kWh used, usually in the 10.4 to 11.2kWh range for MY13. It depends how the car came off charge and if it has allowed some of the engine buffer capacity to be nibbled away. Your claim is safe @FinPete !

·
Premium Member
9,672 Posts
I think the "rules" allow a small amount so you have time to stop safety and take a photo :D The problem we had in the early days was people selecting hold going uphill to fudge their EV miles. It could often be spotted by low petrol MPG like photo above ;)

Best I got was high 50s back in 2013, but haven't really tried hard since then and now have less eco tyres!

481 - 500 of 540 Posts
About this Discussion
539 Replies
105 Participants
GJO
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing