Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

521 - 540 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I've managed some excellent runs this last week, mostly thick fog making my commute a very slow and economical one...

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Granted!! (y) 10.9kWh is very high though which makes me think there was a whole lot of downhill on your journey?

I love the fact that these cars were manufactured about 6-7 years ago now, yet they still have full battery capacity. Stunning pieces of engineering!

·
Registered
147 Posts
to be honest, there's hardly any hills at all, I purposely avoided them, keeping to relatively long and slow roads (extremely slow) circulating the blocks like some kind of criminal scoping out his next job ! ....... I did this a couple of times around each block then moved on, mainly to avoid being arrested ;)
Previous full charges, the ICE has kicked in at 10.4 each time. I'll have to admit, it was hardly 'proper driving', just happy to break my own record, can't imagine I'll try again until the summer, it's seriously boring !

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
This would have been a 50 if it weren't for the fact I stopped, left it to go cold for a couple of hours then drove home by which point a chunk of the remaining power went on cabin heat and I got a 48 mile run before switchover

IMG_20190221_195647_5.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
IMG_0249.JPG
Hi All, my first post after joining last August to search out a nice Ampera. I bought the fantastic example from Richard Gledhill on here. I picked it up on Saturday.
After reading a lot of advice on the forum and getting tips from Richard today I got just over 50 miles on my second attempt.
This was my normal commute in mid morning traffic then back home later on after leaving the car to sit for about 5 hours.
Permission requested to join the 50 mile club.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
An outstanding achievement - 60 miles beckons if you do it in one go on one cool, traffic-free evening... (y)

You even managed to beat my record already! Here's the proof of the best I ever managed...
50 Mile Club

Seems I looked after the battery ok then :D Delighted it's gone to another passionate Ampera owner.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
2,689 Posts
I managed this today but ran out of commute. IMG_20190515_173614.jpg
This is what I had left over (it just changed from 14). IMG_20190515_173617.jpg
This was the same trip I take every day however today the Queensferry crossing was flowing quite nicely.
Tonight after charging up I have this. IMG_20190515_205145.jpg
Cannae complain after over five and a half years and 109k.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am envious of these achievements! Our village is in the Cherwell Valley and when I set off each morning, the Guess-o-Meter tells me that I have a range of 45 miles. However, it doesn't matter how carefully I drive, by the time I have climbed the mile long hill out of the village, the range is down to 36 or 37 miles - so I lose anything up to nine miles in range during the first mile and a half. The indicated range does recover during the day if I can avoid any more hills but the ICE usually cuts in when I have used 10.3 kWh which is almost always before I get to enjoy the benefit of the final downhill run home on electricity . . .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh .. in all the time I've had the car when it's made the switch from "Battery" to ICE the green mileage figure has never changed regardless..
I pretty much do the same journey (Birmingham to Bicester) frequently, it's been as low as 35 on the battery on the same journey...
I've always thought it strange that when the battery was depleted and I'm in ICE mode the car still ran occasionally battery only but never altered the green mileage figure it did however help the ICE mpg figures..
To say the car is quirky is an understatement..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Oh .. in all the time I've had the car when it's made the switch from "Battery" to ICE the green mileage figure has never changed regardless..
I pretty much do the same journey (Birmingham to Bicester) frequently, it's been as low as 35 on the battery on the same journey...
I've always thought it strange that when the battery was depleted and I'm in ICE mode the car still ran occasionally battery only but never altered the green mileage figure it did however help the ICE mpg figures..
To say the car is quirky is an understatement..
I have witnessed the same phenomena and I am almost there!

At 49.1 miles (10.3 kWh) my Amp switched over to ICE even though the engine did not start and no ICE fuel was used.

If my journey had been, say, a mile longer without using any ICE fuel, would this have qualified for the 50 mile club?

The image below shows the same phenomena - the Amp switched over to ICE mode but continued a further 1.7 miles to the end of my commute without the ICE actually starting!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Sounds like it's deciding you're out of leccy, switches to ICE, but that happens just as you descend a long hill into your village, and it regens so much that there's no petrol used. It clearly shows 0.0 gallons used, so that qualifies as all electric in my book! You just need to stooge round the village for another 0.9 miles, hoping the engine doesn't start! The locals will think you're bonkers, but so what? :)

521 - 540 of 540 Posts
About this Discussion
539 Replies
105 Participants
GJO
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing