Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

541 - 552 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Lockdown has its uses - keeps others off the roads so I can go round roundabouts w/o having to brake, much! Here's the result of today's trip Winchester<->Portsmouth with 5 min turnaround (delivering 3D printed PPE, officer). Temp 20-21C, tyres 40 psi just me & the spare tyre (no, not the one around my waist, that's a space-saver!) to cart around. No aircon. 51.3 miles with 2 miles left on the gauge! V gentle cross-country driving, I don't think I exceeded 50 anywhere, not even downhill!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Nice one!
I'll be lucky to make the 50yard club this month :(

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Yup, put the summers on today! Vredestein Hush-puppies or somesuch, I don't think they're quite as low rolling-resistance as the prev Michelins I had, but they sure grip a damn sight better round corners! The Goodyears are probably better mpkWh, but these were decentyl reviewed, and a lot cheaper. Besides, I like to support the Vikings!

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Selling my car so I wanted a decent miles per charge which was rather better than when I garaged it in February.
I haven't even charged it since then so top marks for an almost zero vampire drain. My Model 3 seems to lose many miles per day when parked even without Sentry Mode turned on.

Not bad considering when you read the gossip mongerers going on about replacing EV batteries every few years.

Reactions: Spiny

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
... and it needs to be without any use of petrol as well, as that complicates things too much & heated argument arises ! :)

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Achieved this after the car was stored for two months after lock down. Only charged before lock down yet after 8 weeks or more the charge loss was clearly negligible. My Model 3 battery would have been flat! 🤣
20200507_125117.jpg

It is now for sale, see the Classifieds thread. For Sale my much loved Vauxhall Ampera Electron 2012...

Edit Ooops, already posted this a month ago here!

·
EREV owner
214 Posts
After three and a half years I finally got 50.5 miles on battery only (my previous best was 42). Yes, the photo shows petrol used as I was unable to stop on the duel carriageway when the change over occurred, but I was happy

Attachments

541 - 552 of 552 Posts