Premium Member
11,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I first to get this :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I don't think so, though you may be the first person on the forum to get it. When I was collecting my Volt from Cambridge Chevrolet on Friday they said one of their customers had reported they were getting a 50 mile range estimate. Presumably whoever that was hasn't found this forum.

·
Premium Member
11,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I did mean in the forum ;-) I understand some of our USA & European friends have already achieved.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Cool!

I have had it once... last week when the weather started getting warmer. I didn't post because it is just an estimate and I didn't think it all that relevent at the time but I wish I had taken a photo now :(

·
Premium Member
11,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah the one that got away - the old fisherman's tale ;-)

I agree it is only an estimate, but this range stuff is all just a bit of fun anyway. In reality the cost difference between 45 and 50 miles on a charge isn't really going to figure much in the overall cost of ownership. The big cost will be the dreaded "D" word...

I had done a few "eco" drives before I got the "50". Since then I have engaged sports mode a few times and had a blast or two - no point in having the car and not enjoying it :-D

Talking of cost of ownership, my neighbour needs a new exhaust for her car which made me realise we might not need an exhaust for quite-a-few-years (*) I decided *not* to be the local "Ampera Nerd" and point this out to her!

(*) Or do they wear out when the ICE isn't being used?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's interesting to read these mileage figures.
I must say, I'm getting nothing like it.
If I remember correctly, when it was new, I was getting 40 ish miles per charge. Now, after 7000 miles, as the weather turns colder, my fully charged estimates have gone down to a regular 34 miles. And I'm driving economically and not with the heating and electric seats uneccessarily on.
I do a fair bit of long distance trips, where on HOLD, I get around 50 mpg by sticking to the speed limits, which I think is OK.

Have anybody elses figures dropped like this. I hope it's not the batteries losing their efficiency?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
35 is about right for this temperature IMO. I too am getting 50-55mpg on petrol only at the moment.

This is normal for EVs I am afraid... the 45-50 miles range will only be likely at warmer temps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My range estimate today was 36 miles. (was 50 untill the weather dropped)
Drove 19 miles to work and the estimate was 30miles left.

I got on the A406 at Pinkham Way and the range showed 36 Miles till I got to the M11 junction.

I had the heating set to fan only and the fan was off, only the heated seat on.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
Paul Churchley said:
35 is about right for this temperature IMO. I too am getting 50-55mpg on petrol only at the moment.

This is normal for EVs I am afraid... the 45-50 miles range will only be likely at warmer temps.
How much does your Leaf drop in cold weather? I heard of someone getting 53 miles on a test drive in snow.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Haven't really done any test runs but just from recent drives I guess range is down to about 70-75 from about 90 in the warmer weather. Most I have ever got out of the Leaf is 98 miles but super, super careful hypermiling and a bit of range anxiety at the end!!! :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts