Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there you go boys and girls, just hit the 50,000 miles at a very respectable 90.4 mpg after 30 months.

The only problems in that time was the charger failed which was replaced under Warranty albeit after a two week wait where the dealer did not seem to be able to get his act together. (Polite description)

The crap nav was also replaced due to locking up after around 2.5 hours of driving, due to overheating.

The highs are the car, it's an amazing bit of kit and still get in it every time with a childish grin.

There are some niggles, the headlights are poor, the trim is a bit cheap, the crap nav is the worst I have ever had, and the time to auto lock the doors is just shorter than the time to unplug the charger and walk around the front of the car.

The lows are the totally inept Vauxhall dealerships, I cannot believe they are allowed to get away with it.

Would I have another phev, maybe not, have lost a bit of enthusiasm with the typical British "let's screw everyone to make as much as we can in the shortest possible time" attitude.

The new "C" class looks good

Still havin a blast, for now!

Gary

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
That's not bad going! I reckon I'm going to be around the same fuel economy as you, but possibly a few more miles. (12500 in 6 months).

Haven't had to speak to the dealer since I picked mine up, but it'll only be a few months until the first service.... Then it will all start to unravel I guess. As my supplying dealer is 140 miles away (purchased a service plan too)....

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,715 Posts
14 months and just short of 30k, just similar niggles and dealership experience. I have managed to creep up from 88 to 120 mpg now that I have found destination charging though I don't know for how long if the winter is bad as it is 7 mile round trip by folding bike to get to work.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
14 months and just short of 30k, just similar niggles and dealership experience. I have managed to creep up from 88 to 120 mpg now that I have found destination charging though I don't know for how long if the winter is bad as it is 7 mile round trip by folding bike to get to work.
Yup, the winter will be quite interesting.
Can I be bothered to wander around in the rain every day to keep my car fully charged .... Maybe, maybe not.
I guess even if you managed to charge near work for 1 or 2 days a week, it'll still help ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's not bad going! I reckon I'm going to be around the same fuel economy as you, but possibly a few more miles. (12500 in 6 months).

Haven't had to speak to the dealer since I picked mine up, but it'll only be a few months until the first service.... Then it will all start to unravel I guess. As my supplying dealer is 140 miles away (purchased a service plan too)....
I had several long trips, Luxembourg and back, which knocked my economy right down, as regards the service my local dealer refused to collect the car as it exceeded their 20 mile radius policy, had to remind the service dept it was an Ampera, they then said they would call me back after confirming I was correct.:mad:
Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts