Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reset my trip meters, then drove back from the beach, then into town to where I'll park for work, then home. These are the results of my test. 30kW LEAF. I floored it at traffic lights twice as well :ROFLMAO:

_20180715_180709.JPG

_20180715_181832.JPG

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL!

For the drive to work I'm limited to 40mph on one long flat straight, 30mph on another flat stretch, 20mph in a flat built up area, there's no hills, I'm very easy on the pedal 99% of the time, so I'm hoping it's quite close to what I'll get for my commute.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,631 Posts
I guess it's a net downhill route then! I can easily get 7.5miles/kWh on the way to work....it resolves back down to around 4.7 once I'm back home though!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Andy,

Mine was 1 mile downhill, plus 7 miles on the flat. I was only doing 30mph downhill, but 40mph on the flat for 4 miles. I'm thinking the downhill benefit was mostly erased by the 7 vs 1 miles and the couple of times I floored it. I guess I'll see once I get my ECO parking permit and start using the car for commuting, where it will all be driving on mostly flat roads.

·
2,631 Posts
Hi Andy,

Mine was 1 mile downhill, plus 7 miles on the flat. I was only doing 30mph downhill, but 40mph on the flat for 4 miles. I'm thinking the downhill benefit was mostly erased by the 7 vs 1 miles and the couple of times I floored it. I guess I'll see once I get my ECO parking permit and start using the car for commuting, where it will all be driving on mostly flat roads.
40-50mph on the flat is where pretty much all cars are tuned to be their most efficient - sounds like you lucked out with that commute!

·
Registered
373 Posts
On a hilly single track road that I use (11 miles), I find that 36 mph is about the optimium speed to benefit from regenerative braking. I've often found that I end up with more at the finish than I had at the start. :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yesterday, on my drive back from work to home 28 miles relatively flat. Started with 46%, got back with 20%. 27% electricity usage in 24kWh Leaf. That equates to ~5.4kWh used, which is 5.2 m/kWh. My highest ever :D

Just takes patience to drive it like during winter: 58 mph set on cruise

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
For my 24kWh Leaf, I find that hill climbs borrow about 2-3% SOC for every 100m of climb, but give it back on the subsequent descent. Drives the GOM nuts.

·
2,631 Posts
On a hilly single track road that I use (11 miles), I find that 36 mph is about the optimium speed to benefit from regenerative braking. I've often found that I end up with more at the finish than I had at the start. :)
For my 24kWh Leaf, I find that hill climbs borrow about 2-3% SOC for every 100m of climb, but give it back on the subsequent descent. Drives the GOM nuts.
I had an absolutely hilarous time in the Peak District last week with my leaf :) The GOM didn't have a clue and the SOC didn't know what had hit it :p It was quite fun working out which bits of my route cost me energy and which would see me arrive with 1-2% more SOC than I started with :D

·
Registered
891 Posts
I achieved 5.74 last week in my 24 kWh 2013 model with 41k miles. Well pleased :cool:
This is 5.7 kWh used for 32.7 miles.

The commute round-trip is 32.7 miles (so would be height neutral) which is hilly and 50 mph between a couple of towns (which you have to drive through) and I always try to keep up with traffic (in an ECO manner ;) )
Typically it's about 45 minutes each way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts