Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
3,477 Posts
Going to cost me a £270 to get it swapped so looking at £600 as total cost of I can sell the current one for £300 one day

Hope it’s worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So when your signature is updated we'll know you're all upgraded (y)

· Registered
6,545 Posts
The 6.6kw charge is really good for a quick Tesco top-up, or if you suddenly have a trip you were not expecting.
I only charge the car to 80% on weekends as we don't need much range for general pottering around, but on the occasion where we might spontaneously decide to make a long trip the 6.6kW charger will get it up to near 100% from 80% in under an hour, or less time than it takes to go from deciding to go somewhere to being ready to go!

Another reason to have the 6.6kW charger is if you're trying to squeeze all your charging into a short time window on a night rate. You can (nearly) fully charge a 30kWh Leaf with a 6.6kW charger in a 4 hour cheap time window but definitely not on a 3.3kW.

· Registered
MG5 LR, Nissan LEAF 24 and various old ICE
11,783 Posts
And also the charge doesn't diminish as much when using the climate timer when plugged in.

· Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
And also the charge doesn't diminish as much when using the climate timer when plugged in.
Will be handy during winter. It’s annoying losing 2 percent on 3.3 at the moment

· Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Damn had accident on the Outlander and now with Leaf as the sole car at the moment I am deferring the chargers upgrade.

Do I leave it for another month, sell it or return it

· Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Dam, hope nobody’s hurt and the car is not to bad.

If it’s any consolation wifey put a 3 foot long scratch/scrape in the Golf yesterday, sigh, lol.

The other car is barely scratched as this bit scraped the rear bumper

· Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Ouch, that looks painful poor Mitsy!! Looks repairable though, definitely defer the 6.6 upgrade for your Leaf.
I deferred it yesterday as it was meant to be done this coming week. I’m going to return / resell the PDM

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.