Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I said it could be done after I managed 56 miles on my first long run. Its taken a while as the right weather conditions haven't come along till now i.e. summer didn't arrive. Half the trip was with eco air con on and the return trip was with fan only, tyre pressure was 39, car was left on for half hour before trip with the car plugged in and air con on auto to cool the car and warm the batteries, 113 miles range left in the petrol tank, two passengers, windows up, mostly under 50 mph in L drive all the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
It wasn't by any chance downhill 90% of the way, was it? ;-)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did this last year on a trip to Verdun, the run was on a very warm day and the roads were quite flat with no hills to mention.

Whilst not "hypermiling" I was aiming to to get a good milage from the charge, however whilst I got a good result thought the 1.40 gallons used did not make it a "pure" result...

001.JPG

Gary

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Did this last year on a trip to Verdun, the run was on a very warm day and the roads were quite flat with no hills to mention.

Whilst not "hypermiling" I was aiming to to get a good milage from the charge, however whilst I got a good result thought the 1.40 gallons used did not make it a "pure" result...

View attachment 929

Gary
Even with a bit of fuel used, that is stonkingly good !
Perhaps more so as the petrol usage is nearly 60mpg !

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I used think that 60 miles was a hope too far on a single charge. That was before I made it happen today in my 2012 Ampera. My max speed was 40 mph - that's all it took, including hills like up and over the hogs back near Guildford. I had to go to Wimbledon to my dealer to collect replacement wall charger.

·
Super Moderator
5,737 Posts
You should take that up with the dealer and the "My Ampera" people - it is incorrect and sub-specification, and probably indicating a faulty cell.
I suspect that although the number plate say 2012 it is actually a 2011 model, although it has hold mode wich the American 2011 doesn't

·
Registered
707 Posts
Anyone else with a 2012 what kWh are you using before the ICE kicks in?
I have a 2012 Volt, and I when the charge-sustaining mode kicks-in I can see anything between 9.8 kWh and 10.2 kWh. The meaningful variable seems to be how gentle I was on the speed and accelerator toward the end of the battery usage and how significant regenerative braking was used at that time, too. If you drive slowly and gently and brake rarely but use regen aggressively (as in with "L") then you can get a long drive out of the battery.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
About this Discussion
95 Replies
27 Participants
h8ten
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing