Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's not accurate to believe this is 60 miles EV range, because you've been doing EV down hill and petrol up hill, as evidenced by the 25mpg you've achieved on petrol only.

You can do a summative calculation by using a petrol-to-kWh conversion of 2.7kWh/litre, which is about right for the Ampera.

So you have done; 74 miles/( {9.6kWh} + {1.75litres x 2.7kWh/litre} ) = 14.3kWh, or 5.16mi/kWh.

For a 10.5kWh battery capacity this would yield 54 EV mile range. Very respectable! ;)
Yes you are right! I'll keep this ticket for a better occasion!

But I don't know if I will get in this club ever!!

I will keep trying it!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,393 Posts
It is a bit of a stretch, TBH. My only occasion was ~10 miles at very benign traffic, 20mph, type speeds and the rest at a steady 50mph. 55 is probably the upper realistic goal, and you pretty much hit that (albeit an extrapolated number).

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hi everyone,

Here you are my ticket to 60m Club, I did just a few minutes ago when coming to my job. Secondary roads most of the time, uphills and downhills, switching between L and D mode. Winter but a very pleasant temperature. Here in Spain we use metric units, but I selected UK units to show you the final results.

Thanks!
You didn't by any chance switch to hold mode for the uphill sections did you? Remember the 'rules' for these threads - the electric mileage has to in 'Normal' mode from start until the car switches over to petrol... :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Does this count for membership? Please???
upload_2018-6-13_12-38-40.jpeg

This was on day 2 of Fully Charged, travelled from Long Itchington to Silverstone & back, again I had virtually empty country lanes 99% of the way. Probably never exceeded 40 for more than a few secs, pulled over onto field entrance/layby whenever I saw traffic catching me up, as I didn't wan't to be pressured into doing anything more than a fast crawl!

The return trip saw me circling the village, slowly, to get the miles >60; the engine decided to show itself on the display about 100 yards from driveway, and I don't think it actually started up, just used the last few coulombs in the buffer. But even if it did start, I might have managed 59.94999 miles on EV, which is only 88.0001 yards short of 60 miles...

·
23,393 Posts
The engine would not have run given these numbers, it was just drawing electricity from the 'buffer' that is set aside in software for engine operation.

So, are you happy to have reached 59.9miles or sad for not making the 60!? :LOL:

·
Registered
64 Posts
How many are we in the club?

Have anyone cracked the 100km range yet in normal traffic? (62,5 miles)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
23,393 Posts
At this level of efficiency you also have to be mindful of wind direction and height changes which can flip your mileage one way or the other quite easily at these rarefied levels. What counts is also whether you go back to base. Finishing where you started from mostly rules out both height change and favourable winds. My 60.1 was a commute to work and back, then a trip into town and back. Having been there, I do struggle to picture how the journeys could have been better. I could have slowed down I suppose, I was around indicated 55 on the motorway, but driving slower is not always more efficient. It is how you allow the car to glide with its momentum that really counts.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Only a few weeks since I joined the 50 mile club I have now rather convincingly joined the 60 mile club.
:)

66 miles

DSC_0251.JPG

I was not trying to hard. Driving on the motorway at about 60 - 65 mph. Only thing I did was switch to hold when I could see a hill.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Hmm I have a hill near here which adds 2 miles range for 1 mile down it, . If I went up in hold then back down in normal a lot of times I could probably join the 100 mile club :D

·
23,393 Posts
Only a few weeks since I joined the 50 mile club I have now rather convincingly joined the 60 mile club.
:)

66 miles

View attachment 101462

I was not trying to hard. Driving on the motorway at about 60 - 65 mph. Only thing I did was switch to hold when I could see a hill.
It's impossible to say what the electric range was from that. How much came from petrol?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Does this count for membership? Please???
View attachment 100169

This was on day 2 of Fully Charged, travelled from Long Itchington to Silverstone & back, again I had virtually empty country lanes 99% of the way. Probably never exceeded 40 for more than a few secs, pulled over onto field entrance/layby whenever I saw traffic catching me up, as I didn't wan't to be pressured into doing anything more than a fast crawl!

The return trip saw me circling the village, slowly, to get the miles >60; the engine decided to show itself on the display about 100 yards from driveway, and I don't think it actually started up, just used the last few coulombs in the buffer. But even if it did start, I might have managed 59.94999 miles on EV, which is only 88.0001 yards short of 60 miles...
Spot on Matey!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 96 Posts