Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,003 Posts
Sorry, doesn't count as an electric range. You have to return to the same altitude, no petrol burned.

Sure, drive up a hill on petrol and back down again on electric and you really have done 10mi/kWh! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

Hi everyone,

Here you are my ticket to 60m Club, I did just a few minutes ago when coming to my job. Secondary roads most of the time, uphills and downhills, switching between L and D mode. Winter but a very pleasant temperature. Here in Spain we use metric units, but I selected UK units to show you the final results.

Thanks!
It’s never a kosher attempt with blue showing. It looks like you’ve done over 60 miles using less than a single charge but with the range extender involved it is not possible to say unequivocably that it qualifies. Sorry! Good efficiency whatever combination of factors involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
At this level of efficiency you also have to be mindful of wind direction and height changes which can flip your mileage one way or the other quite easily...
I agree totally. I would not have counted mine without it being an out and return to the same starting point which kind of guarantees that those factors cancelled out.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Only a few weeks since I joined the 50 mile club I have now rather convincingly joined the 60 mile club.
:)

66 miles

View attachment 101462

I was not trying to hard. Driving on the motorway at about 60 - 65 mph. Only thing I did was switch to hold when I could see a hill.
Disallowed ! That is NOT hypermiling, all you have done is used the range extender and regen to fool the stats.
It would not be possible to get 6 miles per kWH at constant 60 mph without a 20 mph or higher tailwind anyway.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Disallowed ! That is NOT hypermiling, all you have done is used the range extender and regen to fool the stats.
It would not be possible to get 6 miles per kWH at constant 60 mph without a 20 mph or higher tailwind anyway.

Blimey this thread is 9 months old Rick! :LOL:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've 10.9 kWh used shown on my entry to the 50 mile club. I'm not sure, does the power generated under regen add to the amount used, I guess it must do ? I know that I only usually have got 10.4 shown when I've done more regular driving per charge.
Getting 61 miles on a charge is certainly not regular driving, I was driving so slow around the quiet roads that I had to signal left every time a car came from behind ! all very silly indeed.

someone got 86 miles in an Ampera, can anyone explain what method of cheating that was ? probably drafting behind a horse box at 19mph

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I believe the 86 mile achievement was some lady stuck in a traffic jam in USA for about 8 hours, crawling along at a trickle. I've managed 60, and as noted that was a 40 mph-max trip; the 40 was in the bottom of country lane dips, with about 10-20 over the tops! Summer, and preheated. Will attempt to repeat, with passenger this time, going to Fully Charged Live again! Might have to get him out to push ... the exercise will do him good ! :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Regen doesn’t add to the available KWh - unless you’re going to a lower altitude destination. It tries to track all the coulombs in and out during the the drive so altitude drop can convert potential energy into electrical energy on regen but not otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Ampera aka IGOR
2,904 Posts
It's too hilly where I am to get into the 60's. The regen will knock my power used down by 0.1 or even 0.2kW during the couple of longish downhills I have on my commute. I can also see that on Torque the % available rises by 1 or 2 %.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts