Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Can’t believe my ev dedicated components warranty (5yrs, 60k) is about to expire, I am at 59k now.

I have extended warranty quotes £257 for 12 month and £567 for 2yrs and £1100 for 3yrs, very odd.

Anyway, is it worth taking? Has anyone got ev components failures at all?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Hello

Can’t believe my ev dedicated components warranty (5yrs, 60k) is about to expire, I am at 59k now.
I have extended warranty quotes £257 for 12 month and £567 for 2yrs and £1100 for 3yrs, very odd.
Anyway, is it worth taking? Has anyone got ev components failures at all?
Thanks
The warranty on a 30kWh leaf is 100k miles.
Is the thread title wrong?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It's similar for the battery owned 41kWh Zoe; 8yr/100k on the battery but 4yr/100k on the rest of the car (although now new models only get a 3yr/100k base car warranty).

It is £289 to extend the warranty and has been this fixed price for a while now. It can be extended until the car is 10yrs old.

To me, it seems a very reasonable price, so at £257 I would probably do it. Not sure what the incentive is in paying more per year for 2 or 3yrs though? I'm guessing it's likely the 12m price will rise in the future?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'll keep servicing my 30kWh Leaf up to 5 years old to maintain the warranty on electronic parts but after that I won't be bothering. If C&C Taxis in Cornwall can clock up 174,000 miles on a Leaf with minimal maintenance, that's good enough for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts