Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tekna (30Kwh) with a 6.6Kwh charger fitted...

Just wondered why the large discrepancy in charge times shown on the screen ?

upload_2016-12-23_0-1-46.png

·
Registered
187 Posts
The 3kw timing will be based on a 13 amp charge. It normally displays this rather than the timing for a 16 amp charge if he vehicle has recently been plugged into a standard household plug socket.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Does the charge time include the cell balancing phase at the end ? I suspect it does, and I suspect this is no faster with the 6.6 charger than the 3.3.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've noticed this as well. Have you also noted that the estimated charge time is longer than advertised on the website and other product literature?

Certainly the cold weather appears to lengthen the charge time. It is strange however that all the adverts state a 4-5 HR zero to full charge time which is clearly not accurate as I guess they don't mention about the battery balancing process. Don't recall seeing anything in the small print disclaimer to say that this is dependent on multiple factors? My car is quick charging up to around 95% then takes forever to finish due to the battery balancing process. Even at 100% it shows 2 hrs to go.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've only once plugged it into the 13 amp socket to test the cable. That was before the OLEV install - it took ages!
A full charge last night showed the range at 108 miles at 100%.

When it's a bit warmer and I've driven it with a better "miles/kW", the range after a full overnight charges shows 125 miles.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Turned up at work on Thursday, on fumes. I was well into the dashes, but I reckon on 4% (I checked a few minutes after plugging in and 6% was reported via @Rob Winters excellent EVA app).

I have a setting for Nissan to email me when the car is fully charged.
The car reported itself fully charged in 4 hours and 42 minutes.
24kWh Leaf, 6.6 charger, ambient temp probably around 6-8°C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts