Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To his great good fortune a local group had organised an ev awareness day. So helped with card and lead.

Not sure how much this was down to Westway Nissan Wolverhampton or the driver...but a mear miss....and an ev own goal

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
We supply ours with an EVSE, T2-T1 cable, an Ecotricity card and instructions on using the free CYC phone app.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
We supply ours with an EVSE, T2-T1 cable, an Ecotricity card and instructions on using the free CYC phone app.
There, once again @Colin, is the benefit of employing someone like yourself to advise on the LEAF. As a seasoned user of the LEAF you are able to ensure these sort of potential "issues" are covered and the new owners (or potential owners) are well prepared.

Hope the new job is going well? :)

Derek

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which is much better. He still would have fallen short here though as this post Polar / Plug in Midlands. But at least he would only have needed the loan of a card or downloading the smart phone app - presuming a smart phone user - to charge. He did have an ecotricity card.

·
Registered
213 Posts
We got sent on our 2 day test drive with just the 13 amp EVSE as well. No cards, no advice about apps. Just told to go back to them if it needed charging. Looking back now I'm surprised it didn't put us off. Nissan really needs to get this right! In contrast Ancaster at Eltham where we picked Evie up from today had arranged for us to have a temporary Ecotricity card just in case we needed it. That's how it should have been at the test drive dealer too. I wonder how many people have been totally put off by an experience like that? :(

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
To his great good fortune a local group had organised an ev awareness day. So helped with card and lead.

Not sure how much this was down to Westway Nissan Wolverhampton or the driver...but a mear miss....and an ev own goal
Oh yes - Richard from Greehous was saying that he was looking for ward to your event

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bought mine from Bolton Nissan with 13 miles on the clock saw it on line made a call got sent a video,one bank transfer later and she was mine all on a Sunday afternoon,they even delivered for me and picked up my part ex free of charge.The point is i have a dealer in Basingstoke 10 minutes away nice people but i knew more than the salesman,questions from me like what is that green car in the middle of the dash to which the salesman replies Dunno mate (thanks to forums like this which i used for research) so was really offputting.So well done to Colin we need more like you mate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts