Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I love the way having the wife on-board potentially prevented you from hitting 50 miles ;)
Or maybe because you had to drive more carefully, she was instrumental in you getting to 49.5 miles? :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
What is the highest indicated battery range anyone has seen? I've managed 59 after full charge & re-gen, does it go beyond 60? Love to know.

·
R110 ZE40 Zircon Blue
2,147 Posts
I have never seen any regen added to the electricity used. In fact, I am pretty sure that the only way that can get above the normal 10.3 - 10.5 is by plugging in... so I am confused :confused:
I managed to get 1 mile lastnight going down a hill in L mode - :)

·
R110 ZE40 Zircon Blue
2,147 Posts
I'm confused too Paul. It's got to be hold mode. Surely if we burn petrol in hold mode, the car is going to be using petrol to keep the battery charged at that level, including when the car uses a bit of battery to give a 'boost' in hills etc. I'm not sure we should be including use of hold mode in these clubs ;) Surely it has to be battery only, in continuous use, no petrol burning allowed from start to finish?
We've kinda got the WRONG car for that :/

·
R110 ZE40 Zircon Blue
2,147 Posts
"What's the point of Hold mode in the UK where there aren't any zero emission zones?"

Dosent matter in the UK as the car is only 27kg so it's fine in Zero Emission Zones like London on Electric OR ICE

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
We've kinda got the WRONG car for that :/
No, you have the right car :) These 'xx' mile clubs were originally created to see how far people could get a Volt or Ampera on one continuous EV cycle, full battery to petrol switchover. Hold mode hasn't been "allowed" from the start.

·
R110 ZE40 Zircon Blue
2,147 Posts
Well we still got the wrong car. I am loving the Electric bit - she's going for a Ford Escape in 2019 I think

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
17 Participants
Pcoventry
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing