Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Zoe kicking around the office at present so I'll bag it next week - on a 70 mile commute, is that a relaxed 65mph with full services or a more skittish 60mph bedecked in North Face, this time of year? 2 Rapids on the route though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think mine would comfortably do that, even in the cold as long as i stayed in eco. The preconditioning is good for getting car warmed up before you set off. Yesterday i did 45 miles and had used only 54% of battery.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Mark J Constable would that be a liveried zoe, I have seen a EDF wrapped Zoe in Leeds for the last couple of days looks rather swish.
If there is one it's nothing to do with my team. We don't have any offices up there (guessing Cottam and West Burton are nearest sites) but the Power Stations are in a separate part of the business. Not impossible they've got their own car - but there's no charging at either of them yet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think mine would comfortably do that, even in the cold as long as i stayed in eco. The preconditioning is good for getting car warmed up before you set off. Yesterday i did 45 miles and had used only 54% of battery.
Sorry, I've a Zoe so may be different.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll give it a go both ways then. As I indicated, got Pease Pottage and Clacket Lane en route just in case.

Reactions: daved

·
Registered
344 Posts
70 miles? no problem keep resources down but Zoe's super efficient Heat exchanger heating system worked just fine last winter, that why it was fitted to Leaf 2 also by Nissan-Renault and you won't need your north face for sure;)

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
70 miles? no problem keep resources down but Zoe's super efficient Heat exchanger heating system worked just fine last winter, that why it was fitted to Leaf 2 also by Nissan-Renault and you won't need your north face for sure;)
Yep agree completely 70 miles is a doddle- whatever the weather.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all - big help

·
Zoe and Twizy.
46 Posts
as long as you are sensible with the go pedal she will make it. we get 76-80 in this weather and in my experience when she says she has non left she has about 3 miles....although with the latest software being so accurate not 100% sure that still applies

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So l decided to press on for the first bit given I picked it up with 89% (you just can't get the staff:)). 2.85 mpkWh to Clacket Lane clockers, from 58 to 89% in about 20 mins. Off again now...

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All good - 3.75mpkwh to Hove, 62mph, 23 deg

Reactions: Edd Beesley

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That sounds a fair consumption, did you use the Eco button ?
No. Seemed to limit the car to 60mph when I did that. Also pressing ECO disengages the cruise control. That ain't good.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
700 Posts
Also pressing ECO disengages the cruise control.
It still works in ECO for speeds up to 60mph. Switching between ECO and normal (and vice-versa) always disengages the cruise, so the trick is to press the accelerator pedal lightly before switching.

When in ECO or using the speed limiter, there is a 'kick-down' over-ride if you floor the accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So, a hairer ride home than expected, as the AC at Clacket Lane anti-clockers was banjaxed. Circuit breaker error. Made it home with 3 miles showing...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts