Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody

We have managed to do what we have planned for more then a year: to show that it is possible to drive over 450 miles on single charge at nomal road speeds and at normal road conditions with plenty of uphills (15000 to 18000 feet). It was a great drive as we drove along beautiful Adriatic coast and electrically connected two tourist destinations: Bled in Slovenija and Dubrovnik in Croatia.
http://www.sloveniatimes.com/slovenian-breaks-world-record-with-electric-car
http://eauto.si/en/700km-without-charging/

So we challenge the big producers to make cars with more range :)

Regards
Andrej

Super Moderator
Wow, 98kwh is a lot of battery! How many seats does the car have now?

Driving yet another EV!
I wonder how well the vehicle would manage if it had to be protected to the standards required to sell a modern car (and ideally to get a decent Euro-NCAP rating). Also, what is the acceleration and top speed like? And how well would it perform at 65mph or 70mph rather than 40mph - I can't think of anywhere in the UK you would drive for 12 hours at only 40mph!

Edit: Just re-read that and it sounds rather negative - it wasn't meant to be!

Registered
I wonder how well the vehicle would manage if it had to be protected to the standards required to sell a modern car (and ideally to get a decent Euro-NCAP rating). Also, what is the acceleration and top speed like? And how well would it perform at 65mph or 70mph rather than 40mph - I can't think of anywhere in the UK you would drive for 12 hours at only 40mph!

Edit: Just re-read that and it sounds rather negative - it wasn't meant to be!
Given that it's a converted Mazda 5, would it not have the required protections already there?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Metron 7 has 5 seats and fully functional trunk as you can see on pictures. Top speed measured by GPS 2 directions is 183 km/h (114 mph), acceleration 0-60 mph a bit below 9 seconds. car performs well at all speeds as centre of gravity is very low. 40 mph average speed does not mean you drive 40 mph. We did not drive in circles like some do, we drove in normal trafic including all stops at the border, construction works and traffic lights and it is all counted in average speed. Just try to calculate average speed driving from London home sommewhere out and you will be fascinated how low it is.
Adriatic coast road is very up-down hilly road and it has tremendous curves all the time as it follows the coastline. That is why we have chosen it - to be hard and not to be easy.
Diagram is correct first part, second half we have to correct it as we took other road and went up to 800 meters.
Euro-NCAP : we have no money to do it, but car has passed individual vehicle homologation according to EU standards. All safety equipment is same as at mazda 5 (airbags, ABS, belt pretensioners). We have installed batteries under the floor llike in Tesla S, but we have smaller batteries. From the underside they are protected by alluminum plate covered also by cabron plate. It is stone resistant, but not land mine resistant :)
http://eauto.si/en/metron7-2/

Super Moderator
Oh I couldn't find any pictures of the inside of the car after conversion, or the battery, on that website.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have not been using GPS monitor as we did not have one. But we had two crews accompanying us: camera crew and journalist crew. We will have a movie about it and when we have it , it will be online. It is a lot of work with the movie, we want to have a professional one to attract sponsors :)

Super Moderator
Cool stuff. The REC BMS looks very nice, haven't seen one of those before.

Driving yet another EV!
Metron 7 has 5 seats and fully functional trunk as you can see on pictures. Top speed measured by GPS 2 directions is 183 km/h (114 mph), acceleration 0-60 mph a bit below 9 seconds. car performs well at all speeds as centre of gravity is very low. 40 mph average speed does not mean you drive 40 mph. We did not drive in circles like some do, we drove in normal trafic including all stops at the border, construction works and traffic lights and it is all counted in average speed. Just try to calculate average speed driving from London home sommewhere out and you will be fascinated how low it is.
Adriatic coast road is very up-down hilly road and it has tremendous curves all the time as it follows the coastline. That is why we have chosen it - to be hard and not to be easy.
Diagram is correct first part, second half we have to correct it as we took other road and went up to 800 meters.
Euro-NCAP : we have no money to do it, but car has passed individual vehicle homologation according to EU standards. All safety equipment is same as at mazda 5 (airbags, ABS, belt pretensioners). We have installed batteries under the floor llike in Tesla S, but we have smaller batteries. From the underside they are protected by alluminum plate covered also by cabron plate. It is stone resistant, but not land mine resistant :)
http://eauto.si/en/metron7-2/
Very interesting... I could very much live with a car with these specs!

Registered
I've driven that route several times down to Sibenik in Croatia. The Toll roads in Croatia are near perfect and very little traffic at all. Quite a few big hills to go over into Slovenia and south of Zagreb before you get to Sibenik.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts