Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,

Picking up a 201 7 30kwh Black Edition on Saturday. Does not have the optional 6.6kwh onboard charger which doesn't bother me as mainly charging at home.

A question regarding public charging, can I plug in using a t1 > t2 charger to a 7kw charging point and just receive charge at the lower rate? I presume the car will self regulate?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yes

More tech, the point advertises what it is capable of (3.6,7.2, 11,22 kW ) the car will then draw the lower of its capabilities and the points capability.
Hopefully you will get a T1-T2 cable with the Car for use on public points.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Yes

More tech, the point advertises what it is capable of (3.6,7.2, 11,22 kW ) the car will then draw the lower of its capabilities and the points capability.
Since your type 1 Leaf ( all Leaves) only charges via single phase, the EVSE will just advertise the maximum single phase current available

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've got the 6.6 on board and at the free pod points I get a very repeatable almost exact 0.1kw per minute or 6kw per hour. That only drops away near the top end of SoC. So I'm guessing you will similarly get a bit less than your posted figure.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,678 Posts
If you have 3.3kW onboard charger, that’s what the car will charge.

The only way to charge faster is to use DC rapid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts