Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday I took ownership of my very own #Teamred exclusive. Have to say I'm very impressed! Nothing I don't like so far. Reduced bong volume via menu, only get 1 bong on start up, mastered all the controls (I think). Confident I will get good range.

Drove the Zoe to the dealer, started fully charged, 70miles showing, drove there at 65mph and arrived with 25miles. Picked up MG with 152miles showing, got home with 122 showing. Checked the Zoe online later and see its charged to 99% and sitting with 65miles range. Definitely made the right decision upgrading.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMG_20200314_100854.jpg

Me and my Son taking ownership with a wee nostalgic now and then pic.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude in the green hat, top right, is checking it out

Good spot, If I had seen that I'd have told him my name so he could use me as his referral when he buys so I could get my £100 referral fee. ;)

FYI anyone in Scotland looking for a good dealer I definitely recommend Frasers of Edinburgh. Wullie is down to earth and really helpful. Got me a free Type 2, and fitted the mudflaps for free (which I hear some dealersdon't fit or charge extra for). I'd recommend them even if it wasn't for their referrals lol. Anyhoo, if you do test and then decide to buy tell them Sandy Ritchie referred you. ;) Happy to split the proceeds with the buyer. Consider it an extra discount.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Got me a free Type 2, and fitted the mudflaps for free (which I hear some dealersdon't fit or charge extra for).
Another “Team Red” member !.
Free cable and mud flaps, done good @Sandy
Have you got the fitted carpets and boot liner for your car ?.
A very worth while investment.
Enjoy !.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Is it just the way the photo was taken, but that MG looks huge compare to the Zoe?
I maybe the angle of the shot, but the ZS EV is a bigger car than the Zoe.
@Sandy is in a better person to explain the difference between both cars.
Fairly compact hatch Vs small SUV type car, the ZS is going to feel a much different car to drive.
The full length “Sky Roof” in the MG gives the inside of the car a greater feeling of light and space.

·
Registered
17,404 Posts
The full length “Sky Roof” in the MG gives the inside of the car a greater feeling of light and space.
That’s very nice, especially at that price point.

I hope it has adequate UV protection, or @Sandy is really going to feel it on the one sunny day on Scotland. ;)

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another “Team Red” member !.
Free cable and mud flaps, done good @Sandy
Have you got the fitted carpets and boot liner for your car ?.
A very worth while investment.
Enjoy !.
Nah I paid for the protection pack, but it was fitted. I know some have bought the protection pack and then the flaps have not been fitted. Screws look like decent ones too, coated.

Is it just the way the photo was taken, but that MG looks huge compare to the Zoe?
I think that might be perspective! ;) The bays were angled, so MG is sitting further out than Zoe. But it is surprisingly markedly bigger inside than Zoe, so outside it has to be a bit bigger.

Reactions: cah197 and Neilew

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,247 Posts
My wife keeps reminding me when I drive onto the drive that it is much bigger than the Zoe. We don't knock elbows anymore. :)

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So @Sandy , you gonna change your avatar now?
Happy now? I gave it the same 2 mins effort I gave my original avatar lol.

My wife keeps reminding me when I drive onto the drive that it is much bigger than the Zoe. We don't knock elbows anymore. :)
I've noticed I stop when traffic is oncoming and I have parked cars on my side of road, don't feel so confident at squeezing through. On the flip side I don't have folk in range rovers taking me on head on forcing me into the kerb so they can squeeze through lol.

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,247 Posts
On the flip side I don't have folk in range rovers taking me on head on forcing me into the kerb so they can squeeze through lol.
Yeah, I've noticed that the bigger cars are a little more respectful now. I've even had a couple of friends at the club who were dismissive of Zoe say that they could 'live with' the MG.

I must change my avatar now, as soon as I can get a decent photo. I've changed my 'handle' on YouTube.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Screws look like decent ones too, coated.
Keep an eye on the mud flap retaining screws @Sandy .
On my car they started to develop rust in the cross headed section of the screws, within only a couple of weeks.
The mud flaps are attached to the car via the plastic wheel arch trims and are easy to remove.
On my car, the OEM screws fit inside of a black plastic cup, that gives the impression that they SHOULD have had a weather proof protective cover cap, but they don't ?.
Therefore the screw's are open to all the water / road salt thrown up from the road.
Because the car stands so high, the rusty screws could be seen very easily.
My son spotted it only days after I did !.
I did have some spare screws, they came from a set of VW mud flaps that I had.
They where black in colour and had a small torque bit heads instead of the MG type.
Also, they had a metal washer under the screw head, so the back plastic cups from MG where redundant.
They have been on the car for about a month now and are showing no sign of rust.
I did not have enough to replace all of the screws, so I need an alternative.
I played with the idea of using the zinc retaining screws and caps that are used to attach your number plates.
But, was disappointed to find that these screws are too small for the holes already produced in the wheel arches.
The screws provided with the MG mud flaps must be of a standard mild steel material and then are coloured black in some way.
When they are installed, the paint treatment must be broken and they very soon display signs of rust in the head of the screws.
You would have no chance of removing these OEM screws in only a couple of years.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep an eye on the mud flap retaining screws @Sandy .
On my car they started to develop rust in the cross headed section of the screws, within only a couple of weeks.
The mud flaps are attached to the car via the plastic wheel arch trims and are easy to remove.
On my car, the OEM screws fit inside of a black plastic cup, that gives the impression that they SHOULD have had a weather proof protective cover cap, but they don't ?.
Therefore the screw's are open to all the water / road salt thrown up from the road.
Because the car stands so high, the rusty screws could be seen very easily.
My son spotted it only days after I did !.
I did have some spare screws, they came from a set of VW mud flaps that I had.
They where black in colour and had a small torque bit heads instead of the MG type.
Also, they had a metal washer under the screw head, so the back plastic cups from MG where redundant.
They have been on the car for about a month now and are showing no sign of rust.
I did not have enough to replace all of the screws, so I need an alternative.
I played with the idea of using the zinc retaining screws and caps that are used to attach your number plates.
But, was disappointed to find that these screws are too small for the holes already produced in the wheel arches.
The screws provided with the MG mud flaps must be of a standard mild steel material and then are coloured black in some way.
When they are installed, the paint treatment must be broken and they very soon display signs of rust in the head of the screws.
You would have no chance of removing these OEM screws in only a couple of years.

Will do, these ones are black, I've seen some posted with cheap silver ones. If these rust I will treat or replace.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One thing I have noticed with MG over Zoe is the reverse camera. Wouldn't say the camera quality is much better but at least its full screen unlike the silly PinP setup on Zoe that shows the reverse sensor mushroom as much as the camera. Also selecting reverse shows the reverse camera really quick, like 1 second quick. Unlike the Zoe that even after an rlink factory reset can take up to 5 seconds to load up, I'd often have reversed out a space and be moving forward before the camera had loaded.

Reactions: Neilew

·
Journeyman Human
450 Posts
For anyone with rusty mu flap screws, These are the correct screws and washers you need to replace them with:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts