Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many thousand miles, 999mpg, just filling the petrol tank once, it's time to say goodbye to the Niro PHEV to make way for the e-Niro. The car has served us so well and has been so smooth and hassle free that it will be a shame to see it go. It's positive points definately made up for the few drawbacks it had. Cannot wait for the e-Niro though, which will definately be much faster.

I made a review of the Niro PHEV, and will make one for the e-Niro once we have it

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I'm surprised he remembered where to find a petrol station that once when he needed it!

Not really a high-range usage pattern!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm surprised he remembered where to find a petrol station that once when he needed it!

Not really a high-range usage pattern!
I don't even remember when I last filled up. In my ICE days I remembered trying to find the cheapest petrol station in the area and keeping track of petrol prices, but now I don't even think about it and pretty much laugh when going past a station.
I guess now I will keep track of electricity prices :p

·
Zoe Q210 Dynamique Intens, Kia Niro PHEV
1,414 Posts
You've done better than me.
84.9 mpg average over 19 months and 25420 miles. Using Fuelly, the trip computer can sometimes be up to 50% out.
Still very pleased with the car and great for doing up to 400 miles in a day (explaining the less than ideal economy). Very pleased with the adaptive cruise too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very similar results. A great car and will move onto the electric version when they are more freely available and there are promotions and/or second hand cars available

·
Zoe Q210 Dynamique Intens, Kia Niro PHEV
1,414 Posts
We have a holiday caravan in Dorset around 140 miles away from home with no dedicated parking so no way of charging while there. That is the main reason that currently stops us being full EV.
To be fair with the current lease prices, I don't think I could justify the PHEV as it is about £80 a month more than a 3 HEV and that now has the ADAP pack standard so unfortunately can't justify PHEV. It is also annoying that the excellent JBL stereo has been removed from the 3 spec so now in only standard on the 4 and the e-Niro. Another nail in the coffin for the PHEV all things equal come replacement time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts