Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Interestingly, the details on the VW website say the tyres are AirStop® which is a Michelin trademark. Looks to be similar tech, but obviously a different brand... Anyone with an ID.3 care to chime in with which tyres they have?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interestingly, the details on the VW website say the tyres are AirStop® which is a Michelin trademark. Looks to be similar tech, but obviously a different brand... Anyone with an ID.3 care to chime in with which tyres they have?
noticed on Saturday my UK 1st Edition has Bridgestone Eco with their version self healing tech.

·
Registered
139 Posts
1st edition with Continental Eco contact 6, 19 inch with ContiSeal.
Interestingly the video had the 18 inch EastDerry alloys on a 1st Edition. I thought they all had Anadoya 19-teens.
NB: The boot is bare, no tyre gunk can, no air pump. Whereas the series model has these?

·
EGGY
1,692 Posts
Is this an advert designed to make you not want to buy continental products by having some complete **** fronting it ? If so it's bang on

Reactions: Lapin

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,499 Posts
So it seems they pretty much have whatever tyres are cheapest/available at the time of build than I guess :)
Always has been. And you may also notice that like the first toner cartridge that you get with a new printer they appear to last a shorter time than normal - it is not unknown for them to be of a different construction to what are ostensibly the same tyres bought in the replacement market.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The point I was alluding to was that they specifically state on the website that the 1st has AirStop tyres, which are Michelin. But everyone so far has said they have something else :)

Printer manufacturers intentionally put very low capacity cartridges in new printers to force you into buying more ink straight away. Ink is where they make most of their margins. At least they used to before "compatible" inks became more widely available. OEM inks and toner are disgusting prices.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts