Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line and e208 GT
643 Posts
I guess a bit easier for them to EVangelise ;) the whole population that is some 12 times less than ours.
Yep, they started LONG before we did, spent more money on infrastructure and had a joined up plan to go electric for a very, very long time - some of their EV incentives date back to 2001 or earlier. Norwegian success is really down to policy not size. If consecutive governments here had spent less on Trident or Test and Trace and more on EV incentives and infrastructure might be further ahead as well.

I also spend a fair bit of time in Norway (wifey is Norwegian) but not for the past two years lol. Last road trip I did there in 2019 I was surprised to find a tiny supermarket in the middle of nowhere with masses of Tesla Superchargers and but one car using them. EV penetration in Oslo and Bergen has to be seen to be believed with every other car being electric in the rush hour. Two years ago I was surprised at how few EV's there were on longer distance trips but I suspect that has now altered. I suppose the lesson is that even with extremely high sales of EVs there are still masses of petrol cars on the roads so it takes a long time for them to be phased out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts