Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,296 Posts
It took me nearly a year to realise I had heated seats in the back. Dog is happy now and looking forward to Winter.

We use the e pedal for all of our driving. I don't want to have to worry about do I need the brake or not. Never had a problem with it.

Only niggle I have is the T&C screen at log on. Having to agree to that all the time is a faff.

Oh and only realised we had a heated wheel last week. The button is out of my eyeline as the wheel is in the way.

I really should read the manual !
You're spoiling your dogs! Mine never experienced such luxury, although if its below zero this winter I might treat her.
You must have spotted the button on the roof for disabling the movement sensors - no mention of it all in any of the manuals.

Yep, T&C acceptance is my only gripe, though the A pillars are too thick.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Oh and only realised we had a heated wheel last week. The button is out of my eyeline as the wheel is in the way.
I agree - being out of one's eyeline is a nuisance, especially when you want to turn it off while driving. Actually, if you had ever pre-conditioned your car through the app, you'd have wondered why the wheel was warm when you got in, and gone looking for the switch. :)

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 62Kw, 2021 - Leaf number 6! 2 x Zappi as we are a two Leaf family.
151 Posts
My major gripe is the heated seats. Only had the car a few months so have only just started the experience cold mornings on the school run. Disappointed you can’t turn the heated car seats on from your app however they are physical rocker buttons to press. My daughter turned the rear seats on however they were on for days without realising. You can’t see the switch from the drivers position. Now I know, I can now check and feel the switch is in the middle position. Seems a low tech solution in my opinion. Anyone else experienced a similar issue?
If you turn the heated seat on when leaving the car, when you start the heating from the App the seat will heat up too, along with the steering wheel.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 62Kw, 2021 - Leaf number 6! 2 x Zappi as we are a two Leaf family.
151 Posts
Has anybody else noticed that the front window gets foggy and steaming dangerously quickly?
Chances are it needs cleaning, a good quality glass cleaner and kitchen roll will sort it out.

if it still fogs up you may have a leak!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,296 Posts
Has anybody else noticed that the front window gets foggy and steaming dangerously quickly?
Mine only steam up excessively if I've had wet dogs on the back seat - the protector gets damp, although the underside is waterproof so the seat don't.

Otherwise thanks to the heat pump, the heating andd aircon use little energy once the set temperature has been reached.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,296 Posts
speaking of gripes lets put something positive.

used Leaf e+Tekna on autotrader now cost more than the price I paid new!
I was shocked at used car prices, including ICE on Autotrader yesterday.
I was musing over what I'd get if I sold my Leaf.
Fortunately I wasn't tempted by anything!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was shocked at used car prices, including ICE on Autotrader yesterday.
I was musing over what I'd get if I sold my Leaf.
Fortunately I wasn't tempted by anything!
There are a few e+ n-Connectas there for more than I paid, which is also more than the AutoEBid new price. Doesn't mean they will sell for that price, of course, but perhaps there is a premium now to get a car immediately rather than waiting a few months for one to roll off the production line. When I got mine at the end of July, I was told that there was some kind of factory shutdown (details were vague), and it would be months before they were available again.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
More on the sticky auto headlight problem (enforced experiment):

Today, there's a bright orange thing in the sky for one day only, and I had to take someone from Newbury to Andover and back. The A343 is notable for dense trees both sides of the road, with a more or less closed canopy overhead. In sunlight this gives a permanent dappling effect.

On the way there, driving South, the headlights kept coming on and staying on even when in the clear sections. I stopped several times to clear it, but eventually gave up and continued the journey on sidelights. The main annoying thing is that the main panel is dimmed in this situation and I was relying on the SatNav display to get me to an unfamiliar place.* With the sun ahead, it was hard to read.

Coming back on the same route, driving North, I didn't have a single problem with the headlights coming on, even momentarily.

So I think it's a contrast thing - with a really bright sun, low down in the southern sky it overloads the sensor, causing the fault.

* Actually, thinking about it now, I think there is a setting where you can set the screen back to normal brightness, but it's not the sort of thing you can faff around trying to find when driving.

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
1,912 Posts
Exactly the same thing happened too me, today, country lane with over hanging branches and the sun coming through in shafts of light. Switched the auto head lights on and wouldn’t turn off, so had to manually switch to side lights, it did reset itself when I was nearly home. I only get this in the spring and autumn, so must be triggered by the level of the sun in the sky, which as you say, causes a contrast and fools the system it switching the lights on, the system doesn’t realised the lights are on, so it doesn’t know it has to turn them off.

This is so annoying, just needs an off switch setting, so that I have a choice between manual and auto, LOL, I have managed to turn my headlights on and off, when needed for over 40 years of motoring ‘without this stupid system doing it for me. Progress ah, some things don’t need inventing, this is one such thing, I am afraid. 👎

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,296 Posts
Exactly the same thing happened too me, today, country lane with over hanging branches and the sun coming through in shafts of light. Switched the auto head lights on and wouldn’t turn off, so had to manually switch to side lights, it did reset itself when I was nearly home. I only get this in the spring and autumn, so must be triggered by the level of the sun in the sky, which as you say, causes a contrast and fools the system it switching the lights on, the system doesn’t realised the lights are on, so it doesn’t know it has to turn them off.

This is so annoying, just needs an off switch setting, so that I have a choice between manual and auto, LOL, I have managed to turn my headlights on and off, when needed for over 40 years of motoring ‘without this stupid system doing it for me. Progress ah, some things don’t need inventing, this is one such thing, I am afraid. 👎
Same here at 5pm. Sunny but low sun and even driving into it head on, the headlights wouldn't turn off.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,296 Posts
HEADLIGHT SWITCH OFF ISSUE/
Can I just ask which setting everyone is using?
I was on 'late' assuming this was the least sensitive setting.

But I set it to 'early' yesterday and it seemed to switch off quickly today and also didn't switch them on in a tunnel of trees like I expected.

Could it be that late means late switch off and early means quick switch off?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
There are 4 settings for this: Earliest, Earlier, Standard and Later. Mine is set to Earliest, so I don't think it was your change that affected the turning on in a tunnel of trees. My guess is that maybe the sun wasn't as bright as it was on Wednesday. I did fish out the manual to read up on this, and it's not very explicit except to confirm that that setting applies to the Auto headlight function. It certainly didn't explain how the different settings affect the lighting.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,296 Posts
Settings, Vehicle settings, Lighting.
I've just been to the chippy which involves wto tunnels of trees.

HLs came on as expected but went off as soon as I emerged.

It's a dull showery day and I'm pretty sure on the 'late' setting they'd have stayed on. (other cars have their headlights on)

So worth everyone trying the 'early setting'.

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
1,912 Posts
Mine is set to early, but still get the trouble, it's a bug in the auto lighting system, not a show stopper, just annoying, that a lights on and off switch would have been a reasonable solution.

Be annoyed, switch to sidelights, carry on :)

61 - 80 of 82 Posts