Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some minor (yet easy to implement) features I've been used to on my previous keyless car...

the equivalent of "ignition key turned to first position" to bring on the 12V socket, electric windows etc. On my last car this was done by pressing the power button without your foot on the brake.

the ability to open or close all windows remotely from the key fob - typically by holding down the lock or unlock button.

If you can already do this some other way that I haven't discovered please tell!

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
There is 'service only mode' available if you press and hold the power button for 5 seconds: instruments and audio will operate as though the car is on but the propulsion system won't start. Also when you turn the car off the windows etc. remain active until you open the drivers door or for 10 minutes (whichever comes first). The radio (at least on my Volt) can be turned on at any time simply by pressing the power button even if the car is otherwise off.

On some models pressing and holding the unlock button on the key fob will open all windows. I haven't tried so no idea if that applies in the UK but the manual says it can be disabled by a technician so if not available perhaps they can enable it for you. There is no equivalent function to close all windows.

·
Registered
138 Posts
some minor (yet easy to implement) features I've been used to on my previous keyless car...

the equivalent of "ignition key turned to first position" to bring on the 12V socket, electric windows etc. On my last car this was done by pressing the power button without your foot on the brake.

the ability to open or close all windows remotely from the key fob - typically by holding down the lock or unlock button.

If you can already do this some other way that I haven't discovered please tell!

I'm pretty certain you can open all 4 windows (and close them) by pressing and holding the unlock (lock) button for over 4 or 5 seconds. If your's won't play ball it probably needs setting up in the "config" function button

Big Paul

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I'm pretty certain you can open all 4 windows (and close them) by pressing and holding the unlock (lock) button for over 4 or 5 seconds. If your's won't play ball it probably needs setting up in the "config" function button
I just tried: opening works as advertised, there appears to be no way to close them other than getting in and pulling the window switches.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Works for me too; it would be much more useful to be able to close all windows though!

Sometime ago I was getting a large object out and all the windows suddenly opened. I've been wondering how that happened and now I know, so thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts

Big Paul
Correction!!!!!!!

Just tried mine and it only works on opening the windows.

Can't imagine where I got the idea they could be closed remotely, but thinking about it there might be a safety (pinch) issue if you could, infact, close them remotely.

Apologies

Big Paul

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yep the opening works - thanks for the tip.

Its the closing that would be actually useful though. My last car could do both. Its not unusual to look back see you've left a window ajar and then close it from the remote rather than go back, get in, turn on, pull button etc. I haven't ever looked back and thought "I know I'll open all the windows before I walk off!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts