Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after trying a number of dealers in search of a GT, I chanced upon an offer of a stock Blue GT Line.

I didn't really want to wait until May/June, plus will there be a shortage of batteries by then?

That car was been built and was waiting shipment to the dealer.

During my conversations a Faro Yellow was also due in, so I opted fro that.

It's arrived and I pick it up next Tuesday, I just can't get to the dealer before then.

So the excitement starts, tempered by that fact I could be waiting 4 weeks for the home charger to be installed.

Hopefully by the time I get home the car will still have IRO 100miles range, based on my test drive.

Looking on Polar there's a 7.2 Type 2 charger at an Asda about 3 miles away, but as a newbie to electric I'm guessing I'd get about 20 miles range from an hour charge there.

An alternative is a DC Combo Type 2 50kw and a CHAdeMO 50kw at a nearby restaurant which quotes "This is a CYC operated charge point that does not provide live availability. The tariff for this site is: £4.50 for up to 1 hour, £5.00 thereafter"

Is this my best option and what sort of charge will I get with it plugged in for an hour ?

Any advice welcome?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It won't as I'm now getting a GT Line, don't think it's in the spec.

My impatience got the better of me.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Looking on Polar there's a 7.2 Type 2 charger at an Asda about 3 miles away, but as a newbie to electric I'm guessing I'd get about 20 miles range from an hour charge there.

An alternative is a DC Combo Type 2 50kw and a CHAdeMO 50kw at a nearby restaurant which quotes "This is a CYC operated charge point that does not provide live availability. The tariff for this site is: £4.50 for up to 1 hour, £5.00 thereafter"

Is this my best option and what sort of charge will I get with it plugged in for an hour ?
I suspect you're already getting the hang of this:
  • If your EV takes about 50kWh to fill then a 7kW charger will take about 7 hours.
  • A 50kW charger in theory should take 1 hour but in practice will take somewhat over an hour (maybe 1h15-1h30) because it has to slow down as its approaches full.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Buy or borrow a granny charger if you have handy plug socket. Visit a cinema with a charger nearby. Someone close with a charger? Post near work...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Morrisons close by. It has a 50Kwh CCS Charger, albeit £1 connection and £0.30 per Kw. But fine in an emergency.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Check your local petrol stations

BP, shell and Murco by us all have them

as do many Lidl and all Ikea (you get something like £6 off your shop if you spend more than £6 and show them your receipt)

download the zap-map application and filter by CCS

Download ecotricity app

if I were you I’d charge up as I get near my house on the motorway

good luck

happy to answer any “living with an EV” questions your may have

JJ

·
Registered
400 Posts
Definitely get a granny charger. Handy as a backup and can be kept in the car for when visiting (assuming we ever do that again). Lots to choose from around the £200-250 mark, £100 on AliExpress if you're feeling brave. Use a decent quality extension lead if you need one to prevent overheating. Enjoy the new car!

·
Registered
Peugeot e208GT
22 Posts
So after trying a number of dealers in search of a GT, I chanced upon an offer of a stock Blue GT Line.

I didn't really want to wait until May/June, plus will there be a shortage of batteries by then?

That car was been built and was waiting shipment to the dealer.

During my conversations a Faro Yellow was also due in, so I opted fro that.

It's arrived and I pick it up next Tuesday, I just can't get to the dealer before then.

So the excitement starts, tempered by that fact I could be waiting 4 weeks for the home charger to be installed.

Hopefully by the time I get home the car will still have IRO 100miles range, based on my test drive.

Any advice welcome?

·
Registered
Peugeot e208GT
22 Posts
When I picked up my GT nearly 2 weeks ago I was given a Polar Plus card which is free for 6 months. If you haven’t already done so, download the ZapMap app where you can identify Polar CCS chargers which are normally 15p/kWh. If you’re really stuck, the InstaVolt chargers are fast and reliable but 35p/kWh. Also identifiable on ZapMap. And I love the GT, but it was an early build without adaptive cruise control but I wasn’t going to wait until June/July and probably even longer now that we’ve been visited by the dreaded 19. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts