Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I received my e-Niro I started talking to a friend about it. He hadn't even seen the car but he became very interested in EVs in great part because of me. His old car was giving him problems so he started looking round, asking me for advice and in the end he got a 64 kWh Kona.

An important factor for me buying the car was removing one source of CO2 from the planet, and helping the transition by puttin my money where my mouth is. My friend buying the Kona feels like a small victory.

One EV at a time....

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
526 Posts
One EV at a time....
Before lockdown I think EVs were marginal but there have been various effects of lockdown, one of which is a larger takeup of buying EVs. This has happened as both a range of new EVs have come on the market and the supply of existing ones seems to have improved. Let's hope the takeup continues to increase.

·
Registered
995 Posts
An important factor for me buying the car was removing one source of CO2 from the planet, and helping the transition by puttin my money where my mouth is. My friend buying the Kona feels like a small victory.

One EV at a time....
When I (re)joined my present employer in February 2018 I was the only BEV driver (leaf 24) on site, and there were 2 PHEVs.

I started to write a regular column in our internal newsletter on the topic.

We now have 7 BEV (I-pace, 2x model 3, 2x leaf 24, 1x e-Niro, 1x ioniq 38) and 4 phev (outlander, optima, c350e, passat gte).

You can argue that that could have happened anyway, but most of those people came to me after reading my columns, said "I'm thinking about..." and we talked through what would work for them.

Each one feels good, and the effect will snowball.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts