Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps not what you'd expect this one.

The only time I get truly frustrated in my Nissan LEAF is... Trying to leave a car park!

You sit there, power up, indicate... And wait while shoppers or workers wander by your car, without the slightest regard for your intention to move on!

They can't hear a thing, so don't realise they're doing it. You can't beep or push out, that's rude... So you sit there, and wait.

Anyone with me?!?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to fit a lorry "beeper" to my pre-reverse lights era Mini for a similar reason, just so people would get out the way when going backwards.

And because I thought it'd be funny.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Lights on, windows down, stereo up loud - The Prototypes seem to work well. Failing that, edge forward an inch.

EDIT: I should add that I never park head first in a parking space. Not only does it restrict egress as is being discussed through lack of eye contact and visibility, it is safer and therefore policy at all our site car parks.

·
Banned
558 Posts
I always use flashers, when reversing. I also run them continuously from entrance to exit, in a multi-story (dark) car park.
Frankly we are not the only ones with no noise cars. Big Jags, Mercs and Bmws are quiet and late model Toyotas.
It's amazing when you see the amount of zombie walking in car parks! Kids too are allowed routinely to go in front of cars!
Waitrose (local to here) are the only car parks, I can think off, with marked pedestrian paths?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts