Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,714 Posts
I would just keep an eye on the normal things you would have done with an ICE. Perhaps checking all coolant levels a bit more frequently as there is no temperature gauge to forewarn you of a leaking radiator and these are a bit more crucial on the Ampera. Also, check the brakes, moreso the rears as they tend to not be used as much and can start to seize up through lack of use. If you can then try and use the brakes quite severely to keep the disc faces clean and hard enough to use the rear brakes as well. Any extra maintenance will depend on your mileage and usage style.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,714 Posts
My take on this
1, Tyres - there is no spare! so check for nails / screws etc.
2, Fluid reservoirs. Keep an eye on them to detect any leak starting. Hopefully you have a grill fitted to the lower air opening to try and prevent this happening.
Brakes have a habit of rusting up through non-use, do try and use then now and again. (neutral on a quiet road will turn off the regen so you can scrape the disks and pads) the odd fast stop can use the disks and pads.
3,Do change / have changed the engine oil at the 2 year interval, This on a car that is mainly used on electric may get moisture in it,

I see @h8ten types far faster than me :) dam arthritis.
Good extra comments added by @Spiny, I was trying to be the first responder so missed bits out. :)

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,714 Posts
There are three coolant tanks. The manual I have on pages 145-146 has the details but basically looking into the engine bay from the front-
1 - Upper left of the engine bay is the Engine cooling system
2 - Front of the engine bay just behind the grille to the left is the High voltage battery cooling system (this may have an anti-tamper ring around the cap that needs to be removed to gain access)
3 - To the right of this one is the Power electronics and charger modules cooling system
If it works I have attached the PDF of the handbook that I have just in case your car didn't come with one.

Attachments

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,714 Posts
This is the place I buy my oil from, buying in bulk saves money. The last time I bought some it was a buy 4 for the price of 3 offer and it included free delivery. I now see they buying 2 will qualify for free delivery. You will also be able to buy genuine filters as well so there should be no issue with not using genuine parts if a warranty issue arises, but then we know that Vauxhall will try to wriggle out of anything even if it is unrelated to what service items you used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts