Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
My take on this
1, Tyres - there is no spare! so check for nails / screws etc.
2, Fluid reservoirs. Keep an eye on them to detect any leak starting. Hopefully you have a grill fitted to the lower air opening to try and prevent this happening.
Brakes have a habit of rusting up through non-use, do try and use then now and again. (neutral on a quiet road will turn off the regen so you can scrape the disks and pads) the odd fast stop can use the disks and pads.
3,Do change / have changed the engine oil at the 2 year interval, This on a car that is mainly used on electric may get moisture in it,

I see @h8ten types far faster than me :) dam arthritis.

Reactions: h8ten

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Engine Oil.
Like any car depends on use as well as time. If you are mainly on electric a yearly change is not going to be required.
If you change your own oil, the sump plug has a very low torque setting, there is a thread somewhere with the setting.

My Ampera even when I was doing 10,000 miles a year did @ 1000 or so on ICE, When changed at 2 years the oil was still looking new.
Now retired and holed up for a couple of years with the main petrol use being the EMM and FMM routines,the IC engine has done maybe 2/400 miles a year The dipstick is pristine!.
This month I've finally gone a bit further and we have maybe 100miles on the ICE!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts