Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
408 Posts
Having issues with my obc and im wondering if its a capacitor on its way out. Ive managed to charge to fullish 92 percent after a 75% on a local rapid. But i worry that my intermittant conking out of the evse will turn to full dead obc if i keep trying to charge in this heat wave.

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
408 Posts
Its a gen one with the charger behind the rear seats. Just bought an umbrella style front windshield heat shield to mitigate some of the heat wave. Got some reflective insulation i will fabricate some window cards for the doors and rear.

·
Registered
408 Posts
My umbrella style heat shield for the windscreen has already arrived from amazon so that is now in place. Should help passively shed internal heat from the sun. Its still charging so i suspect it is heat related. Also with my muxsan pack in the boot ive added incentive to cool the car interior for longevity reasons for that battery.

·
Registered
408 Posts
So i was in this thread due to our leaf charger miss behaving in the heat wave. The gen1 charger is located inside the car so it is sat in a greenhouse effectively. I bought an umbrellaesque sun shade for the front windshield and that appeared to solve my temporary issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts