Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By now we all know that Renault are slowly releasing a successor to the ZE Services app they crippled at the end of last year.

@yoh-there's post sounded like a challenge to me, so I spent a little while poking around to see what I could find, and I've written up the results here.

It gets technical very quickly, so is probably not a mass-audience post!

tl;dr: it's a lot harder to authenticate to the point of getting data out; the information available is mostly the same, at least with respect to ZE-specific stuff, with a couple of so-so additions; for app developers, there's not really a compelling reason to try switch to the new API, until they turn the old one off - if indeed they ever do so.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,405 Posts
Sjeez (skimmed over). Thank you!! Need to think hard if I want to code that in Node-RED ;-)

Edit: I take it the "certificate checking by the app" was nonsense. I can't remember where I got that from. Good news.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take it the "certificate checking by the app" was nonsense. I can't remember where I got that from. Good news.
It uses SSL pinning, so one needs to try a little harder to intercept the traffic from the app.

Am I pushing my luck asking if you could kindly post a full example, ie using curl?
Suitably anonymised, the end result is something like this:
Bash:
curl -H 'apikey: XXXXXXXXX' -H 'x-gigya-id_token: YYYYYYY' -H 'x-kamereon-authorization: Bearer ZZZZZZZ' 'https://api-wired-prod-1-euw1.wrd-aws.com/commerce/v1/accounts/kmr/remote-services/car-adapter/v1/cars/VVVVVVVV/battery-status'

·
4,405 Posts
Great work! With the help of James's blog post and some behind the screens Q&A, I was able to get the whole thing working again in Node-RED. Very, very nice. Thank you again!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was able to get the whole thing working again in Node-RED
Been meaning to ask - does this mean the "old" API is no longer accessible to you? (I've been happily switching between them both while working on this, and not seen anything to indicate that.)

·
4,405 Posts
The old API hasn´t worked for me since 1-2 months. I got a 302 - redirect back and that was basically it. So I am very happy with your result.

mosquitto_sub output

Code:
{"type":"Car","id":"VF1AGxxxxxxxx","attributes":{"lastUpdateTime":"2019-07-18T14:52:40Z","batteryTemperature":22,"plugStatus":0,"chargeStatus":-1,"batteryLevel":78,"rangeHvacOff":104},"age":"00:26"}
"age" is calculated by Node-RED. As the TCU reliability is so-so I prefer to know how old the info is in a readable format, independent of timezone stuff.

·
4,405 Posts
Basically it means whatever can be done with the app can be done with any system.

Me, I display a few key figures in a display in the hallway. I think James uses it to automate the charge scheduling. That sort of stuff.

·
4,405 Posts
Maybe you can find a website that will let you download an APK from the play store somehow. I have no idea if such websites exists of course.

·
4,405 Posts
I don't think any of the devs is planning on a new app (I know I am not). This is about middleware allowing to make anything, whether it being an new app, a new scheduler, home automation integration or whatever, to work with the Renault services.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts