Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK then folks I just wanted to share our EV day experience and how well a car such as a LEAF CAN perform for a family.

Yesterday we decided to go from here (Cheltenham) to The Museum of Welsh Life in St Fagans (highly recommended). We set out and stopped for a quick pee at Magor Services where we charged the car a little (didn't need to but we could). After this, straight to St Fagans.

On the way back we stopped at Cardiff North for 10 mins to get some flowers and a bottle of fizz (and a charge) dropping in for tea at my parents in Chepstow (hence flowers & fizz) where we charged on EVSE and 13A.

It all worked perfectly however ....

It'll be better next time. Why?

Well firstly my Dad called ChargeMaster last week and asked for a free unit to be installed.

Also I discovered that The Museum does not have charging facilities so I've asked to be put in touch with their sustainability team. Hopefully I'll convince them they they could offer this really cheaply.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
@Jason Wallace - did you get any response from the sustainability team? I'm planning a visit from Bristol in the near future so if you could share any contacts you have as it would be useful to target the same people to help show demand is there.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
There are plenty of Ecotricity chargers on the M4 so it is no big issuesissues
Agreed, I'm not at all worried. I can reach there on one charge. Destination charging @7kW would be super awesome as we could pretend to be normal again and not get trapped for 20min or so making service station stops we wouldn't ordinarily make pre-LEAF. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts